Who will succeed Cameron?

Because it did, rightly or wrongly, right result or wrong result, right reasons or wrong reasons. It happened, the people spoke and so the result should stand and the next PM has to work with that fact.

Personally, I think her first act should be to go to the people to get a mandate for her actions. After all the people at the last election voted for a party with Dodgy Dave in charge not a Thatcher wannabe

You want a GE? With a Labour Party in tatters? And the Lib Dems promising a pro-EU stance? There'd be a coalition Government. That won't speed up Brexit!

Now the next PM is sorted, if she is unable to get a deal that is not detrimental to Great Britain compared to continued EU membership she should have the courage to keep us in the EU, or face being regarded as one of the worst PMs this country has ever had.

If you don't agree with that you must have a screw loose.[/QUOTE]

Thats an interesting argument stance, if you dont agree with me theres something wrong with you. Bet you are very popular down the pub :)

No probs, pass me a screwdriver someone :)

That's like driving your car into a lake. You know you made the wrong decision, everyone outside of the car is telling you you made the wrong decision, but because you made the decision, you are going to keep driving and drown yourself.

Exactly. May isn't that stupid. Leadsom might have been.

Oh well, Leadsom has time to spend with her children now. Only her own will get screwed up by her beliefs.

May makes a speech, this morning, unequivocally saying that we WILL brexit. She clearly needed to say this when in competition with Leadsom.

By lunchtime, Leadsom had withdrawn. I wonder if May now wishes she hadn't have been so unequivocal, now that she doesn't have to be, as the competition is no longer there.

Timing is everything.

You want a GE? With a Labour Party in tatters? And the Lib Dems promising a pro-EU stance? There'd be a coalition Government. That won't speed up Brexit!

Did I say anything about speeding up or even slowing down, Brexit? I merely point out that there should be a public mandate now we have had a change of leader.

If you don't agree with that you must have a screw loose.

Thats an interesting argument stance, if you dont agree with me theres something wrong with you. Bet you are very popular down the pub :)

No probs, pass me a screwdriver someone :)

What part don't you agree with? You think May should voluntarily and cheerfully accept a worse deal than we have now in favour of staying in the EU? You don't agree history would remember her badly for such a decision?

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 14:57 ----------

Did I say anything about speeding up or even slowing down, Brexit? I merely point out that there should be a public mandate now we have had a change of leader.

Why? Just because YOU don't like May? And I was merely pointing out a possible consequence, touchy.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 15:00 ----------

May makes a speech, this morning, unequivocally saying that we WILL brexit. She clearly needed to say this when in competition with Leadsom.

By lunchtime, Leadsom had withdrawn. I wonder if May now wishes she hadn't have been so unequivocal, now that she doesn't have to be, as the competition is no longer there.

Timing is everything.

She can change her mind, Leadsom did.

'People of the UK, we have investigated all possible post-Brexit deals and it simply is not in this country's interests to Leave the EU.'

Something like that would suffice.

Edited by Radan

What part don't you agree with? You think May should voluntarily and cheerfully accept a worse deal than we have now in favour of staying in the EU? You don't agree history would remember her badly for such a decision?

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 14:57 ----------

Why? Just because YOU don't like May?

I have no problems with May, or April come to that. Didnt care too much for Jun, too cold and wet. :)

As for the agreement, she should try and get the best agreement she can and if thats not brilliant then we will have to live with it. I dont agree that just because a vote went the wrong way that it should be ignored. Now if that means I need a screwdriver I can live with that, just pass it over :)

I have no problems with May, or April come to that. Didnt care too much for Jun, too cold and wet. :)

As for the agreement, she should try and get the best agreement she can and if thats not brilliant then we will have to live with it. I dont agree that just because a vote went the wrong way that it should be ignored. Now if that means I need a screwdriver I can live with that, just pass it over :)

We will have to live with it? How stunningly pathetic as a response. Oh well, you aren't in charge and May is somewhat savvier so might decide it's not worth living with.

Do please learn to quote properly. You make the thread look untidy. Like your mind.

Edited by Radan

Timing is everything.

Anyone for a cheeky bet that May stands down before she gets the PM gig? :D

Jayyysus, talk about a pass-the-parcel job. That one must be tic-toc'ing louder than Big Ben and stink to high heaven, given how fast it's being passed around! I could swear I can hear Brussels LOL'ing from Attercliffe! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: