Who will succeed Cameron?

I think on Brexit any new PM would call a GE within a year.

Surely they would have to. Brexit voters are from all over the political spectrum. It doesn't necessarily follow they are endorsing Gove and Johnson.

Basically the parties would have to seek a mandate to push forward their own vision on how Brexit would be managed.

Surely they would have to. Brexit voters are from all over the political spectrum. It doesn't necessarily follow they are endorsing Gove and Johnson.

Basically the parties would have to seek a mandate to push forward their own vision on how Brexit would be managed.

They don't have to but I hope they do for the reasons you stated.

They don't have to but I hope they do for the reasons you stated.

If Gove & Johnson are sincere politicians they will go back to the country.

I have a nagging doubt that is not what is planned at all.

If we vote to Brexit then I want a say in how we Brexit

Agreed here. It should be added to the campaign that an OUT vote will mean definite GE.

The remain camp won't want this advertised, because it would lose if this was the case.

Agreed here. It should be added to the campaign that an OUT vote will mean definite GE.

The remain camp won't want this advertised, because it would lose if this was the case.

Hmm, are you saying that possibly people seem this as a way of getting Johnson or Gove as PM

Yes, guaranteed to make sure the conservatives get booted out.

I'm convinced she has none of her own original thoughts. Basically a halfwit.

You obviously have a better knowledge than me of the lady's ability. She hasn't done bad for herself though, if she is basically a halfwit.

You obviously have a better knowledge than me of the lady's ability. She hasn't done bad for herself though, if she is basically a halfwit.

It's fair to say she's earned her nickname: Priti Vacant

Listen to her interview on The Today program a few days ago. It's like a comedy.

Hmm, are you saying that possibly people seem this as a way of getting Johnson or Gove as PM

Well, I've heard/seen a lot of people saying that they won't vote out because it means they are agreeing/following Farage/IDS/Gove/Boris. This is short-sighted as I've said over and over, because if Boris was PM, he can be voted out next time, or if vote of no confidence.

People's vote in this ref shouldn't be based on political affiliation because as you say, all parties are split to some extent.

There is no need to strategically vote like in GE's.

I think in general, people will vote for what they think is best for them and their families (which is what I think people should do, unlike GE with its obvious unfairness depending on which constituency you live in, meaning many people have to vote with strategy over wish).

I expect lower wage areas (north in particular) will vote out, even in Labour strongholds.

If on Monday, it was announced that there would be a GE in 3 months or so if we Brexit, can you imagine the changes in the polls?

I would expect a lot of current remainers/anti-tories/ or these short-term thinkers, might alter their vote to Brexit to try and get DC/BG or whoever out.