Who will succeed Cameron?

May wasn't in favour of reducing immigration. Read up on it.

Politicians get booed. Occupational hazard. What's more perverse? You seem to get off on him being booed or him probably not giving a **** about it?

No-one cares what you think about Cameron.

Yet is was her department's target.

Cameron getting booed at Wimbledon is extremely significant. It wasn't a football match - as you say, these aren't the 'cheap seats'.

Edited by Lex Luthor

Yet is was her department's target?

Cameron getting booed at Wimbledon is extremely significant. It wasn't a football match - as you say, these aren't the 'cheap seats'.

PM booed at sporting event when Andy Murray said his name. It's pantomime.

Do you think him being booed has in any way changed the political landscape of this country? Stop being so silly.

Edited by Radan

Do you think him being booed has in any way changed the political landscape of this country? Stop being so silly.

It's symptomatic of the huge change in the political landscape of this country.

And this is from a crowd who applaud Cliff Richard's singing.

So insignificant it made every newspaper I looked at today...

It's symptomatic of the huge change in the political landscape of this country.

And this is from a crowd who applaud Cliff Richard's singing.

Can see quite a few people clapping myself. Literally clapping when Murray says his name.

You are right, Cameron isn't humming. He is laughing though. Your theory is bogus. Bad luck old bean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqoKZzCoknI

---------- Post added 12-07-2016 at 01:08 ----------

So insignificant it made every newspaper I looked at today...

Lame. Quite a few reported on what Kate was wearing as well.

Very lame.

Edited by Radan

Really, I'd have thought it spoke volumes about doing a middling cabinet job whilst an utter cretin like Osborne had the 2nd to top job.

Whilst in her position she's not managed a major f up, she's alienated the police but that's par for course for tory ministers. The education sec is hated by teachers, the health sec is hated by everybody and the home sec is hated by the police.

Her speech today was reasonable. One Nation stuff. Fine. Lets just remember the very first, the very first, policy this Tory Govt tried to pass. It wasn't about economics, or immigration, or defence, or social justice......it was fox hunting. Priorities?

To be fair Home Sec is not a middling job but one of the four Great Offices of State, considered fourth behind PM, Chancellor, foreign secretary.

I notice he didn't mention Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.

She's been a senior cabinet member for years, why hasn't brought those qualities already?

I find it quite remarkable that May's entire campaign strategy has pretty much been to sit back, say nothing and watch everyone else set fire to themselves. Almost Palpatine-esque (for all you Start Wars lovers).

Right now I wouldn't be surprised if she declared herself Emporer, and that she was actually Michael Gove's father. Or something.

Do you consider me thick for example L00b? I don't mind you answering that.
Not at all, ash: you followed an informed logic (as opposed to uninformed bias) for your vote.

Like e.g. unbeliever (my reference for 'sensible Leave voter' on here).

Parochial though...maybe a little ;)

Are they more stupid than me?
In this day and age of cheap and always-on Internet-accessible-with-everything?

Yes.

It doesn't take that long and it's not that hard to tear oneself away from Coro for 10 minutes and seek one's own answers about things one doesn't know. Finding and taking in 'wrong' or 'biased' answers doesn't matter, so much as just outright apathy.

As with the way of all those entitled to vote but who choose not to exercise that right, they don't get to complain about the outcome or the aftermath, and they get to live with and pay for the consequences.

That right to vote is what all their forefathers fought and died for 70 years ago, that is the very democracy which was sooo stolen by the EU...that they could have exercised it 2 weeks ago just fine. But couldn't be bothered to.

Are they more stupid than the ones that voted out who were racist?
Far less so, clearly.

Am I more stupid for voting for what I believe is the right decision?
See earlier reply at top :) Edited by L00b

Whilst in her position she's not managed a major f up, she's alienated the police but that's par for course for tory ministers. The education sec is hated by teachers, the health sec is hated by everybody and the home sec is hated by the police.

this is just wrong. Tory home secretaries are not traditionally 'hated' by the police at all and that is what was, and is (because it is still ongoing) so remarkable about May's continuing spat with the Police Federation. It was amazing in that it looked like a Tory Home Secretary in a spat with a left-wing Trade Union - which yes, people did get used to when there were a lot of Tory Ministers in the 1980s and earlier 1990s - rather than the Police Federation.

May has been the only Tory Home Secretary since the last one finished their job when their party was booted out of office in 1997. The Home Secretary May appoints later this week, or maybe early next week, will be the first Tory Home Secretary apart from May in nearly 20 years.

between 1979 and 1997 the Tories got through 7 Home Secretaries in 18 years, the most well-known of whom had names like Willie Whitelaw, Leon Brittan, Douglas Hurd, Kenneth Clarke, and Michael Howard. Were any of them 'hated' by the police? Answer : no. Of course they weren't. They were not like Tory Education or Health Ministers at all in the 1980s who yes WERE by and large hated by workers in the education and health sectors.