24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

Who "decided" ........... You?

If so, then fair enough, don't eat it.

If you eat the dead flesh of animal carcasses,then no-matter how it is "dispatched" it still ends up on someone's plate, and always will.

It seems to me that that these days there are FAR TOO MANY people attempting to tell us what we should & should not be doing.

We seem to be leaning towards a state where conformity is the "norm".

Naaaaaaaah! I'm not having that, because individuality is what has brought us this far.

If you really want individuality in slaughtering animals go to Thailand where the slaughter starts by caving a cows head in with a sledgehammer. I think it was Thailand, there was a BBC article on it this week and I really really don't want to look it again. I don't know if any religion was involved.

If you really want individuality in slaughtering animals go to Thailand where the slaughter starts by caving a cows head in with a sledgehammer. I think it was Thailand, there was a BBC article on it this week and I really really don't want to look it again. I don't know if any religion was involved.

It was Vietnam

Doesn't a franchisee have to use standard McD burgers etc? Surely a key requirement of McD is that everything is standard? I find it hard to understand how they would accept the odd Halal version.

Doesn't matter to me either way. I rarely go in, and if I do the decision wouldn't depend on whether it was Halal or not.

Maybe it just means their specials which contain bacon will be off the menu.

Maybe it just means their specials which contain bacon will be off the menu.

It just is not involved in the food preparation in the building itself also be transportation. I have had a great deal of anguish having some beef dripping imported from Ireland. Most of the fast food sector suppliers offer halal food. This cannot be transported with non-halal foods

How's this thread ended up as a discussion about halal meat? Bizarre.

I presume it was a tongue-in-cheek comment to see if peoples opinions change all of a sudden from being pro-construction to " down with them damn moslems" if people believed it was going to be halal.

Same way how people get really annoyed when a dilapidated, vandal ridden, eye sore of a building is even considered for a refurbishment & rebuild as a mosque.

by the way, it's not going to be halal to set the record straight.

Link if you want to post a comment, plenty of people objecting for one reason or another.

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=O72KH4NYFFZ00

I'm not sure what constitutes a genuine objection or a NIMBY moan?

Objecting that many illuminated signs is not in keeping with the area maybe?

The plans proposed in addition to the building are for:-

- 12m high totem sign

- 1 illuminated logo sign

- 3 illuminated individual letter signs

- 2 illuminated fascia signs

- 1 illuminated gateway sign

- 6 illuminated totem signs

- 1 illuminated panel sign

- 2 illuminated freestanding directional signs

How are local residents supposed to sleep when the area is lit up like Blackpool illuminations? This is a residential area, not a trading estate, industrial estate or petrol station, which is historically where McDonalds usually site their "restaurants" and this will be totally garish and in contradiction to the local surroundings.

Edited by geared

Link if you want to post a comment, plenty of people objecting for one reason or another.

I'm not sure what constitutes a genuine objection or a NIMBY moan?

Objecting that many illuminated signs is not in keeping with the area maybe?

Yeah, those Morrisons signs are never lit up....

Edited by Groose

Yep thats where it mainly falls down, the supermarket next door isn't exactly hidden from view.

They can't really claim it's a residential area either, two supermarkets, many small shops, the police station, car dealership, bus depot, pub etc etc etc.

oh and don't forget the scrap yard!

.....or the pub, or the car dealership, or the police station for that matter.

Honestly, some people need to grow up. This is not some quaint residential cul-de-sac.

Its a main thoroughfare adjacent to a bus depot, a supermarket, a police station and an industrial unit.

I would more than welcome it to the area.