24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

There are some utterly bizarre objections on there. Someone claiming a new building will increase flooding despite a building already standing on the land concerned, and someone suggesting that people will use the new McDonalds to taunt the police next door!

Honestly.....

---------- Post added 20-06-2016 at 13:32 ----------

I thought it was a caterers not open to the public.

Exactly, does outside catering and I rarely see it "open". I dont think you can walk in there at lunch for a butty. Would be affected not one iota by a new McDonalds.

The people complaining are people that probably still call it a village area although it clearly isn't anymore. The same a dore 'village' just get your heads out of your bums. If McDonald's or anyone wants to build anything anywhere afew objections won't stop that. It's who they know or how much they have paid. See all the supporters in McDonald's when it opens.

I'm not sure what constitutes a genuine objection or a NIMBY moan?.

It needs to be a material consideration which includes things like:

•Overlooking/loss of privacy

•Loss of light or overshadowing

•Parking

•Highway safety

•Traffic

•Noise

•Effect on listed building and conservation area

•Layout and density of building

•Design, appearance and materials

•Government policy

•Disabled persons' access

•Proposals in the Development Plan

•Previous planning decisions (including appeal decisions)

•Nature conservation

However, issues such as loss of view, or negative effect on the value of properties are not material considerations.

Littering from drive thru's can be tackled if McDonalds barcoded each bag and tied that in with ANPR at the drive thru.

Well not really as there is still no proof it has been littered. Someone could have put it in a waste bin/bin at home and it got removed from the waste bin somehow (blows out the back of a bin lorry etc). Plus the method you outline would only outline the registered keeper of the vehicle and not the culprit.

Plus there is probably something which renders the practice you outline illegal for a private company to undertake.