Referendum polling how is it counted.

When we vote on the Referendum how are the votes going to be counted. One man one vote or same as a general election where the area you live get counted. Sorry but I can't find any info on this.

I know what you mean, yes its one man (and woman:)) one vote.

When we vote on the Referendum how are the votes going to be counted. One man one vote or same as a general election where the area you live get counted. Sorry but I can't find any info on this.

Nice and simple unlike the general election. Count up all the votes. Whoever has the most wins.

Announced by constituency through the night?

Will there be an Exit Poll?

Might get some foreign beer in...

I think so. Local government is responsible for the administration of all elections, so the results should trickle in just like at the GE.

I think so. Local government is responsible for the administration of all elections, so the results should trickle in just like at the GE.

Going to be fascinating. The usual party allegiences are out of the window in many places.

That said, this area is hardcore LibDem. I've not seen any Leave posters anywhere but there are plenty of houses with Remain posters in the windows

the counting will be similar to General Elections (and also the Scottish referendum). The count starts immeadiately after the polls close.

not sure what will be the case in Northern Ireland with this poll. Because of the Troubles, a tradition arose there whereby votes were not counted in the hours of darkness, and the votes are not begun to be counted there until daytime on the Friday morning. In their NI Assembly elections last May that was still the case. The votes were not begun to be counted until next morning. If that is what will happen this time, and if it is a really close call, the entire country might be tuning in to their declarations on the Friday afternoon. However a far stronger likelihood is that it won't be as close as that, and that by between about 2-4am on Friday morning, it will start to become increasingly clear which way the vote has gone.

Announced by constituency through the night?

Will there be an Exit Poll?

Might get some foreign beer in...

The exit poll will be interesting. If the exit poll predicts more than a two or three percentage victory, then you can start celebrating at just after 10.00pm on Thursday evening, if it is the predicted victory you want.