How do I work out the cost of transporting things in my car?

Say £100 petrol.

Add 1kg.

Extra 4p.

And if he drinks it on the way, he will probably get done for drink driving.

Drinking it on the way probably is a bit excessive for normal circumstances. However, for 4p, I think it's worth the price of at least carrying it.

Imagine, if on the M5 and heading into standing traffic just after passing the Gordano services... traffic completely stops, you can a traffic-jam for miles, you think things can't be any worse :( Then the radio comes on with the 4 minute warning. Surely now, would be the time to think, stuff the 4p and/or the environment of this unnecessary waste of fuel, and get supping. This wouldn't be possible if he leaves it there.

Guest sibon

Imagine, if on the M5 and heading into standing traffic just after passing the Gordano services... traffic completely stops, you can a traffic-jam for miles, you think things can't be any worse :( Then the radio comes on with the 4 minute warning. Surely now, would be the time to think, stuff the 4p and/or the environment of this unnecessary waste of fuel, and get supping. This wouldn't be possible if he leaves it there.

Sipping.

You sip wine, ash. You sup beer. Never, ever get the two confused.

Of course, transporting a meaningful amount of beer will have an even bigger effect upon fuel consumption than a bottle of wine.

Sipping.

You sip wine, ash. You sup beer. Never, ever get the two confused.

Of course, transporting a meaningful amount of beer will have an even bigger effect upon fuel consumption than a bottle of wine.

With a 4 minute warning, I'd be glugging, never mind sipping, or even supping!