What are the best policies made in the last 25 years?

Hunting ban (though too weak), gay marriage, Irish peace process, devolved government in Wales and Scotland, pension credit, return of London-wide government, tax credits, human rights, smoking ban.

Those are the three worst things ever thought up .

The Hunting ban is just ignored ,and rightly so

The Human rights act is pathetic and the smoking ban was just the government bowing down to the health freaks.

The Human rights act is pathetic and the smoking ban was just the government bowing down to the health freaks.

That no government has destroyed our right to free speech...even if you say silly things.

The Mental Capacity Act. It's made a huge difference to the way that people who need support in their daily lives are treated, professionals are not so able as they used to be to make important decisions for people who are able to make those decisions themselves.

I agree, it was much better when bar staff could get cancer just by going to work.

Well the Cone Hotline wasn't one of them - although that was part of John Major's plan to make public services more responsive to the public under the Citizen's Charter.

To be fair Major's Government introduced the Disability Discrimination Act, which was the right thing to do.

Getting rid of the hated Section 28 was important, as a statement of intent.

Not sure either made my life better - but I can appreciate them for how they impacted on other people.

I remember there was a poll asking pretty much what the OP asked * & most people said that the Minimum Wage was the best policy in the last 25 years. I wouldn't go that far....Yes I can appreciate it lifted a lot of people out of shocking in work poverty, but, unfortunately, it hasn't really had that much impact on the differentials for those earning just above NMW.

* Ah, here we are, found it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11896971

Edited by Mister M