What are the best policies made in the last 25 years?

Well they chose to work in a bar.

Maggie had already closed down the coal mines.

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 19:41 ----------

Unless of course they are deemed offensive on racial or religious grounds.

Which is why right-whingers are prevented from spouting inflammatory nonsense on here and in public . . . oh wait

Unless of course they are deemed offensive on racial or religious grounds.

The problem is the Lefties throw the Race card around like confetti . The mere mention of Immigration is enough to get them shouting " Racist" .

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 19:47 ----------

I agree, it was much better when bar staff could get cancer just by going to work.

No one was forced to work in a smokey pub.

When did it become cool for racists to claim they aren't racist and that they are being persecuted for wanting 'a debate' about 'them?'

Since Nigel Farage took a third of the BNP voters and said so?

Or are they trying to reclaim the word for themselves like black people did with the N word and gay people did with the F and Q words?

Is that what those Chelsea fans were doing in France??

The problem is the Lefties throw the Race card around like confetti . The mere mention of Immigration is enough to get them shouting " Racist" .

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 19:47 ----------

No one was forced to work in a smokey pub.

Crappest post ever.

I have to say whilst all the suggestions (well nearly all) have a lot of merit there's not a real ground breaker in there. There's not another NHS, or a New Deal just tinkering round the edges. Are governments devoid of ideas, gumption or in this modern world have we cracked it?

I'm not sure if the smoking ban was a good idea. I think it should have been up to the landlords..

It was beforehand but nobody did, sometimes it takes a law to push stuff through.

As a smoker, I hated it at the time but without it I doubt I'd have been able to stop (5 years later). So yes, to me personally, the smoking ban was great :)