Thank you Rotherham A&E

well if you go to the walk in centre they can refer you to the a&e next day if you need further treatment.

also if the gp sends you in the hospital sometimes you have to report to a&e reception first afaik (don't know if this has changed).

He can't be that poorly if he is fit enough to make tea and sandwich

I once went to Rotherham a&e one Friday afternoon after getting a piece of chicken lodged in my throat I couldn't sick it up or even swallow my own saliva I had to hold a dish under my chin to let it just run out of my mouth after waiting a couple of hours to see someone they asked me to come back MONDAY MORNING :( . as no one was available to deal with my situation I ended up driving myself to Doncaster hospital where i was admitted I was in hospital for four days and ended up in theater to have the chicken removed. thanks a bunch Rotherham a & e

They was attending to drunk people that was injured in fight or accidents.

If you need A&E, the best time is something like Tuesday evening.

It's hardly the fault of the staff if they are overwhelmed with drunk football fans though.

If you need A&E, the best time is something like Tuesday evening.

It's hardly the fault of the staff if they are overwhelmed with drunk football fans though.

He had a cut while working and it require stitches, how can you time what time to visit A&E?.? :loopy:.

Any one with more then a few brain cell would have work out it need stitches. It took the person less then 5 minutes to do it, so why was he kept waiting for 5hours?

He had a cut while working and it require stitches, how can you time what time to visit A&E?.? :loopy:.

Any one with more then a few brain cell would have work out it need stitches. It took the person less then 5 minutes to do it, so why was he kept waiting for 5hours?

You never see the trauma incidents coming in from the waiting room, they're the cases that are prioritised and take time ( and large teams) to treat.

Edited by stifflersmom

He was kept waiting due to medical needs. A small cut with a few stitches is below things like I dunno, a cardiac arrest or infarction, asthma, burns, blunt force trauma from a road accident, appendicitis, etc.

There are things called minor injury units - you would get far faster treatment there as this is what they are designed for.

Sometimes the repairs can be quick but also complex. For example there are numerous structures that if stitched up incorrectly can result in life-long problems. Nerves, tendons etc... If the doctor that can do the work is busy doing other things it is best to wait for them to be available.

Is that a serious question?

Did you not see other people there, also waiting? Did you not think that perhaps they triage patients and deal with the ones who simply can't wait first? :roll:

Is that a serious question?

Did you not see other people there, also waiting? Did you not think that perhaps they triage patients and deal with the ones who simply can't wait first? :roll:

I see other people there. Didn't understand a wOrd on what they were saying as they spoke foreign.but their were laughing and joking. Didn't look like they was on they last leg