No GP appointments for 4 weeks !

Last month there were 50 doctor's and 68 nurse's appointments that failed to show at our surgery. It is now turn up at 11:30 and hope you get in or phone at 8:00 and hope there is an appointment going.

That is very stressful.

Cancellations should be charged for, two and your off the books!

That sounds similar to our GPs. In this age of technology, how difficult is it to ring up if you know you're not going to get to an appointment. I'm sure the GP will make allowances for anyone seriously unwell. We can usually get in same day by turning up or ringing first thing.

It's because people come from all over the world to access our free healthcare etc..

You were telling us to thank Dave for taking of the NHS in the run up to the General Election.

What's changed? Is there another election on the way? Oh, right.

Again? In English please...

Okay, I'll dumb it down it for you.

You will recall that before the last general election, you were hijacking every thread that praised the NHS, reminding us to thank David Cameron for taking care of the NHS, as if Saint Dave himself was the one emptying the chamber pots and performing the life-saving surgery.

Ever the political opportunist, you're criticising foreigners for the state of the NHS, now that it's politically advantageous for you to do so.

Perhaps if you'd been more honest to us, and yourself, from the beginning and demanded extra funding for the NHS, then we wouldn't be in the situation where we are waiting several weeks for an appointment.

You will recall that before the last general election, you were hijacking every thread that praised the NHS, reminding us to thank David Cameron for taking care of the NHS, as if Saint Dave himself was the one emptying the chamber pots and performing the life-saving surgery.

Ever the political opportunist, you're criticising foreigners for the state of the NHS, now that it's politically advantageous for you to do so.

Perhaps if you'd been more honest to us, and yourself, from the beginning and demanded extra funding for the NHS, then we wouldn't be in the situation where we are waiting several weeks for an appointment.

Why would he do that when it's easier ( and it fits a certain narrative for the feeble minded ) to blame immigrants

OUT OUT OUT

WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK

Etc etc

Oh, so it's a post 2015 (or even post 2010 if you count the coalition) phenomenon and it was all roses in the NHS and you could get an appointment at the drop of a hat before that.

This is how a recent phone call to my GP surgery went:

Me - "Hello, have you any appointments for today"

Surgery - "Sorry, we've nothing until the week after next"

Me - "In that case I need a home visit today, its urgent"

Surgery - "hold the line please.................we can fit you in at 1.30 if you can make it"

Me - "Thank you very much, bye"

Amazing!!!

You didn't have to tell them your name, address and dob, which doctor, etc that's really amazing

This is how a recent phone call to my GP surgery went:

Me - "Hello, have you any appointments for today"

Surgery - "Sorry, we've nothing until the week after next"

Me - "In that case I need a home visit today, its urgent"

Surgery - "hold the line please.................we can fit you in at 1.30 if you can make it"

Me - "Thank you very much, bye"

Amazing!!!

Why'd you urgently need to see doctor?

No details required if shy ;)

Just ballpark reason