What doesn't kill you makes you stronger??

I’ve never really agreed with it in respect of my own life experiences. I find that going through situations can generally make you weaker, or is that just getting older making us feel that way. Maybe others have experienced it differently. What do you think?

I’ve never really agreed with it in respect of my own life experiences. I find that going through situations can generally make you weaker, or is that just getting older making us feel that way. Maybe others have experienced it differently. What do you think?

That's my experience too.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but going through tough situations doesn't make you stronger - in fact the opposite is true in my case. And in many others' as well.

Just one of those sayings that's often trotted out....

Those who survived the German Concentration Camps may well disagree. There are many examples of human endurance against the odds where survivors are never the same again but in many ways are changed for the better. Mentally, physically or a combination of the two.

Those who survived the German Concentration Camps may well disagree. There are many examples of human endurance against the odds where survivors are never the same again but in many ways are changed for the better. Mentally, physically or a combination of the two.

Those who came out missing limbs or with permanent mental issues might well disagree, mentally and physically damaged, permanently.

Going through a tough situation can mean you learn coping skills. Or it can leave you with PTSD and night terrors.

Edited by Cyclone