Double speak from Vauxhall

Setting 0 is off. Setting 4 is full power to the blower motor.

Intermediate settings are through a power resistor to drop voltage and give different blower motor speeds. Sounds like the resistors overheat and catch fire - Ford Mondeo Mk2 had exactly the same issue but there was nothing flammable nearby the resistor to cause a fire.

Of course, this makes complete sense.

They're lying you do realise that right??

The issue is a design fault and they don't want to admit it and open themselves up to expensive litigation.

I wish we had "class action" lawsuits in the UK like they do in the US. I know of a few serious flaws in cars that the manufacturers fail to acknowledge is a design fault on their part.

All I can say is, if you're a car owner make sure you frequent a car forum for your make so you can find out what they might be.

i suspect the cause of the fault will turn out to be cabin filter restriction leading to a low flow of cooling air over the voltage dropper.

I disagree with you there. To me it sounds like the gnurnled flange dropper needs a solid re-bar base plate turned through 90 degrees to be in alignment with the sizing mount which most likely needs re-welding. Hence, the avoidence of 1, 2 and 3.

I disagree with you there. To me it sounds like the gnurnled flange dropper needs a solid re-bar base plate turned through 90 degrees to be in alignment with the sizing mount which most likely needs re-welding. Hence, the avoidence of 1, 2 and 3.

That's easy for you to say

i suspect the cause of the fault will turn out to be cabin filter restriction leading to a low flow of cooling air over the voltage dropper.

Although i'm not familiar with zafira's, i have heard that the cabin filter is very close to the resistor pack ! that in its self is a potential fire hazard ?

Edited by shand1

Vauxhall are a nightmare! What other manufacturer would deem that 'service vehicle soon' does not actually mean that the vehicle needs to be serviced? It means there is a non emission fault apparently, culminating in a cost of £45 at GM dealers to plug it in to diagnose the fault, and that is without repairing the fault? Bizarre!