Can someone please explain why..

Have you tried leaving the oven door open so it cools down quicker?

Yes I have. It still does it, and I'm reluctant to do that as a matter of course, because it makes it a hazard being half open, or fully open, or even just a little bit. For fear of bumping into it. It's a top down style, so it's awkward.

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 13:34 ----------

I'm suprised at this, I didn't realise ovens could be so manipulative and crafty. I've got a fairly recent Bosch oven and mine doesn't do this. However it sounds like it's been wired up wrong.

You see, when you turn your oven 'off', you are actually turning it 'on'... The motion of turning it 'off' wakes up the 'standby and turn off mode' which then comes on and takes over and governs the use of the oven.

What you need to do is turn the oven 'off' by actually turning it 'on', thereby cancelling the take over ability of the 'standby and turn off mode'. So basically, just leave it on all the time and this issue will no longer happen. :thumbsup:

Um..yeah!...of course...I think :huh:...Nice weather today eh?....hahaha

I'm suprised at this, I didn't realise ovens could be so manipulative and crafty. I've got a fairly recent Bosch oven and mine doesn't do this. However it sounds like it's been wired up wrong.

You see, when you turn your oven 'off', you are actually turning it 'on'... The motion of turning it 'off' wakes up the 'standby and turn off mode' which then comes on and takes over and governs the use of the oven.

What you need to do is turn the oven 'off' by actually turning it 'on', thereby cancelling the take over ability of the 'standby and turn off mode'. So basically, just leave it on all the time and this issue will no longer happen. :thumbsup:

See Pete, Bosch, German. I told you so, poor Bottletop can't even cook for a dinner party!

My microwave/combi oven thing does similar, but in a very strange way.

The fan operates for several minutes after running a defrost program, but not after running any other sort of microwave program or oven program, which has never really made sense to me.

I think that they do it because they are frustrated and just need to express it to the humans, who completely misunderstand their utterances.

My microwave/combi oven thing does similar, but in a very strange way.

The fan operates for several minutes after running a defrost program, but not after running any other sort of microwave program or oven program, which has never really made sense to me.

I think that they do it because they are frustrated and just need to express it to the humans, who completely misunderstand their utterances.

Hmmmm...Perhaps I've hit on something us mere mortals have overlooked previously...Something a bit sinister...The machines talk and we have no idea what they're saying!

I might have to resort to wandering down the garden and cooking on the Barbie.