What job do you do?

I work in events. I load and unload vans in horrible loading bays of lovely places, work stupid hours often at short notice and a lot of weekends. Then theres the paperwork.

Stay in school kids.

Hehe, good advice :)

Although if everyone stayed in education longer you'd just have better educated people doing exactly the same as you do, just with added ennui.

Hehe, good advice :)

Although if everyone stayed in education longer you'd just have better educated people doing exactly the same as you do, just with added ennui.

There are plenty with degrees doing similar jobs to mine! A lot of young uns get into it and think it will end up as an extension of their social life, or they successfully organised their own wedding.

But you raise a good point, many jobs don't need to degrees, but we want more and more young people to get them.

Financial advisor, self employed, mainly helping people re-mortgage and reviewing insurance needs. It's not a bad way to earn a living, I work at home a lot which means I get to see my little girls and the wife whilst earning enough to lead a lifestyle I like. But I don't know if it's an age thing or what but I'm early thirties and I'm starting to realise life is short. My dream job was always to be a commercial pilot or work in aviation. I'm currently looking at ways I can achieve my dream job but still earn enough to support my family. Realistically being a pilot is out of the question as I would need to take around 12 months unpaid leave to qualify. I'm therefor looking into becoming an air traffic controller as you get paid whilst training and its something I would really love to do.

Without wanting to get too specific, I help people deal with Bad Stuff such as poverty, poor mental health, debt, homelessness, addiction, domestic violence; all your favourites.

How do i get someone like you to help me. i am always skint. talking to myself alot. might be homeless soon if i dont accept the next offer of council house

I'm a Lumberjack!

Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia. The Giant Redwood. The Larch. The Fir! The mighty Scots Pine! The lofty flowering Cherry! The plucky little Apsen! The limping Roo tree of Nigeria. The towering Wattle of Aldershot! The Maidenhead Weeping Water Plant! The naughty Leicestershire Flashing Oak! The flatulent Elm of West Ruislip! The Quercus Maximus Bamber Gascoigni! The Epigillus! The Barter Hughius Greenus!

With my best buddy by my side, we'd sing! Sing! Sing!

Without wanting to get too specific, I help people deal with Bad Stuff such as poverty, poor mental health, debt, homelessness, addiction, domestic violence; all your favourites.
Respect to that (my Mother was a social worker ("Caisse d'Allocation Familiales" in France, "Action Sociale" service) for most of her working life, so I have a small idea at least).

I'm a legal practitioner helping businesses (and people, too!) with intellectual property rights matters, in the UK and beyond, from initial assessment through to enforcement (litigation) with all stages of application, prosecution and registration in-between.

Rhino hide, and an aptitude to constantly overdeliver after underpromising despite clinical levels of overconfidence, are musts. But it's far easier on the heart than yours, Bob.

Edited by L00b
forgot to list large brass balls amongst the must-haves :P

Hi

I'm just wondering what jobs people do on here and if they also like it?

Are you doing your dream job or just a job to pay the bills?

My job is to take 999 calls for the emergency services. I like it but I have never got used to working night shifts. :(