New hobbie in S12 or surrounding area

Good afternoon, thanks for reading my post.

I'm a 36 years old female who Lives in Birley and I am looking for a new hobby to join. I'm wanting to see what is out there and have scanned the Internet for ideas but am coming up short.

I don't want to travel miles and I work shifts so something flexible would be idea. I also would prefer something that isn't going to cost a bomb for equipment etc.

Hit me with ideas/suggestions please.

Edited by Treacle26
More information

What are you interested in, what do you dislike and what have you already tried? Is it an indoor or outdoor hobby you are looking for? Do you want a hobby you can do on your own or a social hobby? I will list mine so you can see what I mean.

Gardening, cooking, poultry keeping, card making / paper crafting / rubber stamping. I have also done flower arranging / floral art, ceramics, embroidery, making my own clothes, soft furnishings and home decor, knitting, making soft toys and other things. I used to go to the gym and various different exercise classes over the years

I didn't find it easy to make friends in general gym class as we all used to go at different times. We did speak but never met out of the gym. I found set classes such as aerobics (and similar) were better to build friendships as you could chat before class started. Same with dog training classes but you probably don't have a dog so doesn't apply.

It might be good to joining a local walking or rambling group. Not sure what would be available in such a restricted area of a postcode. Have you had a look at what you can do at Rother Valley?

http://www.rothervalleycountrypark.co.uk/

The various craft classes I attend have opened a lot of new and lasting friendships. A lot of it is technique being taught to you and tools not skill. I'm not trying to persuade you, just clarifying.