Was Mrs Thatcher a "Monster"?

And I can still remember the smog in the early 60's...

And I can remember not having smog in the 70's.

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 13:55 ----------

Maybe you should read the article.

Why would we suddenly decide to start polluting the environment again just because we've left the EU? we can stop with the fearmongering rubbish now, we've voted to leave.

Why would we suddenly decide to start polluting the environment again just because we've left the EU? we can stop with the fearmongering rubbish now, we've voted to leave.

Because it costs water companies millions to adhere to the EU regulations.

If the regulations are relaxed or removed do you think they'll continue to spend time and money just out of the goodness of their heart?

Again, maybe you should read the article, its all explained in there.

And I can remember not having smog in the 70's.

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 13:55 ----------

Because it's cheaper for companies just to pump their waste (be it airborne or water borne) into the environment .

On another thread, Someone stated that Mrs Thatcher was "A Monster", but was she?

Did she do the right thing by selling off the UK's assets to anyone who wanted to strip them?

Or was she wise? afterall, all that coal that the miners claimed was still to be mined is still down there for when other countries want to hold us to ransom for our energy needs.

There are many other policies to be discussed, but locally I feel those are (were) the main ones.

Was she a "Monster" or a "Madonna" ... Over to you.

A "monster", i'm not having that!!!! She was a witch.

Because it's cheaper for companies just to pump their waste (be it airborne or water borne) into the environment .

I accept some smaller companies and individuals don't give a monkeys about environmental vandalism, fly tipping seems to be an unending issue, not sure if any regs, EU or BS would influence their actions.

As for bigger companies, well I worked for Yorkshire Water which is possibly the biggest environmental stakeholder in Yorkshire and the staff are in no doubt at all about the importance of strict adherence to regulations be they environmental or water quality,in fact the internal standards are generally higher than required by regulators to provide a built in buffer, absolutely no chance of these standards being reduced.