Is it time for Corbyn to resign.

I agree. I think the Labour party will split and it won't be a bad thing in the long run.

Now here's the rub.

Already 500 Labour councillors have signed a letter of support for Smith. So no doubt they will be on Momentum's hit list too.

I'm assuming that the Labour Party will be split into 2 seperate parties, but not only at Westminster, but also in councils across the country. Could it be that Sheffield Labour Party splits in two? Perhaps one or two Sheffield MPs and perhaps some of the sitting councillors going freelance?

It is, but we've yet to see Mr Corbyn's Labour Party doing much recent opposing- other to the Party's own MPs.

well. you cant actually pin that on Corbyn can you? if his fellow treacherous MP's want to cause distractions for the medias delight, there is not a lot he can do is there :confused:

Now here's the rub.

Already 500 Labour councillors have signed a letter of support for Smith. So no doubt they will be on Momentum's hit list too.

I'm assuming that the Labour Party will be split into 2 seperate parties, but not only at Westminster, but also in councils across the country. Could it be that Sheffield Labour Party splits in two? Perhaps one or two Sheffield MPs and perhaps some of the sitting councillors going freelance?

I think it's fair to say EVERY Sheffield Labour councillor will be lining up with Corbyn. For the likes of Julie Dore and rats like Curran and Price he still isn't nearly left-wing enough.

I think it's fair to say EVERY Sheffield Labour councillor will be lining up with Corbyn. For the likes of Julie Dore and rats like Curran and Price he still isn't nearly left-wing enough.

I'd normally be inclined to agree with you on this one, but at least 3 of Sheffield's MPs are on the deselection list, or potential MPs for a different party.

Sheffield's strategy seems to involve praying for the next Labour Government to come along and bale out the city from the financial woes of fiscal mismanagement. But of course that rather relies on some realistic prospect of there being a Labour Government in the next few decades.

Just because it isn't in the media doesn't mean it isn't happening...

Yeah, that is exactly true, a colleague at work often says to me that "Corbyn has been quiet this week" and that "he has kept a low profile"...he hasnt a clue that the media decides what goes on the news bulletin, and who is reported about and who isnt, even when i point out "oh, so you think Corbyn hasnt been out of the house this week then" ....he still hasnt a clue, :huh:

Corbyn for PM!!

:D

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-jeremy-corbyn-labour-leadership-election-vote-poll-yougov-prime-minister-a7157561.html

Interestingly, when Labour voters were asked by YouGov to choose between Ms May and Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister a large proportion – 29 per cent – opted for the Tory leader. If compared with the 9.3 million who voted Labour at the general election in 2015 it would be equivalent to 2.7 million voters.

The poll added that among voters generally around 19 per cent thought Mr Corbyn would make a better Prime Minister than Ms May.

A second poll on Tuesday appeared to show the Tories with a 16-point lead. On current parliamentary boundaries, the latest four opinion polls would increase Theresa May’s wafer-thin majority of 12 to 102. Around 44 Labour MPs would lose their seats if the ICM poll were borne out, leaving the party with 188 MPs.

19%.... Isn't that less than 1 in 5? And that's before the Labour Party splits in two..

Edited by foxy lady

If Labour had not been obliterated in Scotland there would be no crisis now.

somebody needs reminding that even if Labour had held every single one of the 50 Scottish seats they lost in last year's general election, they would still have lost the election, and the Tories would still have a majority today. And that's before anybody had ever heard of Jeremy Corbyn.

where Labour have lost it is not in small-potatoes Scotland. It's in England, where 82% of the parliamentary seats are.

Edited by blake