Is it time for Corbyn to resign.

Yeah, that is exactly true, a colleague at work often says to me that "Corbyn has been quiet this week" and that "he has kept a low profile"...he hasnt a clue that the media decides what goes on the news bulletin, and who is reported about and who isnt, even when i point out "oh, so you think Corbyn hasnt been out of the house this week then" ....he still hasnt a clue, :huh:

It is because he isn't saying anything not that he is being ignored. I am a member of his Facebook page where he can say what he wants at any time and he hasn't said anything worth writing about for weeks. He is ruining our party by turning it into a laughing stock full of stuck up middle class graduates and class warriors who are treating working class Labour voters as if they are stupid.

Jukes x

It is because he isn't saying anything not that he is being ignored. I am a member of his Facebook page where he can say what he wants at any time and he hasn't said anything worth writing about for weeks. He is ruining our party by turning it into a laughing stock full of stuck up middle class graduates and class warriors who are treating working class Labour voters as if they are stupid.

Jukes x

It's like you're in my head. :thumbsup:

You've captured the problem perfectly.

Jukes x

Erm. Has Corbyn filled it full of middle class graduates, or were they there before,? With due respect, you don't have a clue

To be fair to Corbyn, it's not really his fault.

Labour have long since ceased to be the representatives of the working poor and switched to being the representatives of the public sector workers (and of course their unions).

They still talk about the poor, but they do not take their lead from the poor.

It's all about what the Guardian reading middle-class think is best for the poor, rather than what the poor themselves want. The Guardian reading middle-class always seem to think that the best thing for the poor is to spend lots of taxpayers' money employing people like themselves to "help" the poor by providing services that are "good for them".

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 11:34 ----------

Erm. Has Corbyn filled it full of middle class graduates, or were they there before,? With due respect, you don't have a clue

Completely missed the point there.

To be fair to Corbyn, it's not really his fault.

Labour have long since ceased to be the representatives of the working poor and switched to being the representatives of the public sector workers (and of course their unions).

They still talk about the poor, but they do not take their lead from the poor.

It's all about what the Guardian reading middle-class think is best for the poor, rather than what the poor themselves want. The Guardian reading middle-class always seem to think that the best thing for the poor is to spend lots of taxpayers' money employing people like themselves to "help" the poor by providing services that are "good for them".

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 11:34 ----------

Completely missed the point there.

No I didn't, read it again...

No I didn't, read it again...

You absolutely did. The point was that Corbyn is silent even on his own Facebook page and therefore your suggestion that he only appeared silent because of the media is demonstrably false.

So. You completely missed the point.

As to the larger point regarding who is responsible for the fact that Labour stopped caring what the poor think, I've already said that's not really Corbyn's doing. He's not fixing it though.

You absolutely did. The point was that Corbyn is silent even on his own Facebook page and therefore your suggestion that he only appeared silent because of the media is demonstrably false.

So. You completely missed the point.

As to the larger point regarding who is responsible for the fact that Labour stopped caring what the poor think, I've already said that's not really Corbyn's doing. He's not fixing it though.

Just because I didn't respond to that specific point about Corbyn's Facebook page, doesn't mean in the slightest that I missed it.? Although I didn't agree with it....The second point about Corbyn recruiting the wrong type of people was so completely untrue that that had to be corrected first...

With due respect, you don't have a clue

It doesn't appear that you think that I am due any respect despite being a fully paid up member for 12 years, stood in nearly as many elections, delivered tens of thousands of leaflets and knocked on thousands of doors.

Please say what you have done for the party so that we know why your opinion is due more respect than mine.

Jukes x

Just because I didn't respond to that specific point about Corbyn's Facebook page, doesn't mean in the slightest that I missed it.? Although I didn't agree with it....The second point about Corbyn recruiting the wrong type of people was so completely untrue that that had to be corrected first...

If you don't agree that Corbyn is silent by choice, and you still claim he is being ignored by the media, please explain how the media have managed to extend their reach sufficiently to make him appear silent on Facebook.

Jukes x

That's probably not a bad idea. I heard Owen Smith start to set out his policies the other day. I'm not sure whether his left wing agenda was to try to appeal to the party Corbynistas or whether he really was that far divorced from reality.

He seems to have forgotten that Labour simply can't be trusted on the economy and his policies were, SPEND... IGNORE THE DEBT...BORROW....BORROW SOME MORE.

There lies the problem. Come election time they will have to dream up some lunatic policies to appeal to their core support and regular voters will as usual run a mile in the opposite direction.