Is it time for Corbyn to resign.

Tom Watson has pulled support. Game over.

Yep, that seals it surely. Now they just need wonder how they failed to bring one able working class MP through their party who would be able to help them reconnect with their core vote while appealing to enough middle class voters to get a majority.

Totally wrong. Corbyn is popular with his own party, just not with the old Blairite, Oxbridge elite who are outraged that a little outsider-nobody with no influential friends and connections had any right to what they saw as their birthright.

Exactly the reasons why Corbyn was elected.

The media dislike him for pretty much the same reasons. Note that the likes of Yvette Cooper were the views sort out by the media, not the opinions of John Macdonald or Tom Watson or any other of his shadow cabinet. Then they are accused of keeping 'a low profile.' The same is true when it comes to opinions on Corbyn's leadership.

i've been impressed with the content of his speeches though not so much with the delivery.

it's sad and shallow but we live in a media age and that needs to be taken into account when selecting a leader.

it's all well and good to be liked by the party but labour's core vote isn't enough to produce a government. for all his faults, tony blair saw that, the party needs to appeal to those outside the party's traditional boundaries who could be tempted to vote for labour.

I was looking at the betting odds for the 2020 General Election. The Tories are now 11/10 to gain an outright majority. The odds are far longer on Corbyn still being Labour leader at election time than you can get on the Tories winning it.

The odds were 4/1 on leaving the EU. :hihi:

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 18:16 ----------

I know. What's your point? He should be the next Labour leader? Isn't he showing early signs of dementia?

Fully qualified then.

Do you realise when you make quips like this about a terrible disease which effects many families across the UK what others conclude about you?

Edited by Lex Luthor

I think Corbyn was hoping for, and tried to engineer, a narrow Remain victory. The Tories would then have shredded themselves and Labour by contrast would have looked unified and viable. And because he was only very weakly pro-Remain he probably would have escaped some backlash from disappointed Brexiters. And he was close to pulling that off, but not close enough.

The odds were 4/1 on leaving the EU. :hihi:

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 18:16 ----------

Do you realise when you make quips like this about a terrible disease which effects many families across the UK what others conclude about you?

I do hope that is not directed at me. I made a simple statement of fact to query 'her' post about Mr Skinner.

i've been impressed with the content of his speeches though not so much with the delivery.

it's sad and shallow but we live in a media age and that needs to be taken into account when selecting a leader.

it's all well and good to be liked by the party but labour's core vote isn't enough to produce a government. for all his faults, tony blair saw that, the party needs to appeal to those outside the party's traditional boundaries who could be tempted to vote for labour.

I agree. Up to a point. BUt Jeremy Corbyn is liked by the core of ordinary voters. He represents their views. You think they should be ignored again. He knew there were as many lies on the Leave campaign as there were on the Remain campaign, and didn't want to endorse them. Hence the 7.5 out of 10 stance. Honesty is JC's strong point. Admittedly, it might be the undoing of him which is a sad day for politics.

I agree. Up to a point. BUt Jeremy Corbyn is liked by the core of ordinary voters. He represents their views. You think they should be ignored again.

is he liked by non-labour voters though?

and is just being liked enough for a prime minister?

if you ask people who they would most to have a pint with boris comes quite high up the list

if you ask who would you like in charge to deal with an crisis then he doesn't do very well

clowns are fun but their place is the circus not no. 10.

Honesty is JC's strong point. Admittedly, it might be the undoing of him which is a sad day for politics.

i dont think honesty is his undoing, its very admirable and by and large i admire him but not in a way that would inspire me to want him to be prime minister.

i can understand him wanting to change pmq's, it demeans the political process but that doesn't mean he can't in a very nice way stick the boot in

the other thing is that he's from the wing and time of the party which produced the longest suicide note in history and i can understand the fears that he will write volume 2 of it with the same result. the fear of being seen as old labour crippled new labour and by the time they had to confidence to be labour it was too late. i think that haunts them still.