Is it time for Corbyn to resign.

So did Ken Clarke.

I think we made the point :)

Darling studied law.

Googled any chancellors yet?

I'll start you off: Brown also studied history.

Ok, i will give you that one :mad::mad::mad::mad::thumbsup:

okay. i'm off to watch the football, have a good evening:)

What a mess with the Labour Party now. It seems they are now two parties fighting over who gets to use the brand name. There's no good reason why lots of the MPs shouldn't join the Lib Dems now but they represent areas where they are guaranteed to get elected as a Labour MP so don't feel able to jump ship but also can't stand staying.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 21:09 ----------

You tell me, how does he do it if the media won't let him? We're back to the elites having all the power. If you're not one of the favoured ones you're sunk.

He should have built a proper movement; Labour Party offices in every town and city offering advice and support to people having difficulty, getting out and talking to people not just at election time, using social media effectively to bypass the media. But to do that he would have had to look outwards but unfortunately he has been looking inwards most of the time. Do you think there is much left wing media in the U.S.? So how has Bernie Sanders managed to reach so many people with his message?

What a mess with the Labour Party now. It seems they are now two parties fighting over who gets to use the brand name. There's no good reason why lots of the MPs shouldn't join the Lib Dems now but they represent areas where they are guaranteed to get elected as a Labour MP so don't feel able to jump ship but also can't stand staying.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 21:09 ----------

He should have built a proper movement; Labour Party offices in every town and city offering advice and support to people having difficulty, getting out and talking to people not just at election time, using social media effectively to bypass the media. But to do that he would have had to look outwards but unfortunately he has been looking inwards most of the time. Do you think there is much left wing media in the U.S.? So how has Bernie Sanders managed to reach so many people with his message?

I wouldn't be surprised to see some Labour MPs crossing over.

Corbyn showed no leadership whatsoever,surely that's the job of a leader.

The vote was not party political ,all he did was let the tories have a civil war.

Sometimes the best way to defeat your enemy is let them fight until exhausted.

Have you ever noticed how long it takes the Police to get to a streetfight.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 21:38 ----------

He's totally spineless and did very little to marshal the vote from his party.

He supposedly stood for the remain campaign, but was so self-involved he refused to share the stage with other political party figures.

The man cares for nothing except his own politics and warped idea for the country.

Perhaps he listens to enough Braying of Donkeys in the house without seeking it out elsewhere.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 22:04 ----------

The vultures are circling

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36621777

Two Labour MPs have submitted a motion of no confidence in Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Dame Margaret Hodge and Ann Coffey confirmed the move in a letter to the Parliamentary Labour Party chairman.

What a surprise former Conservative candidate wants Corbyn out.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 22:14 ----------

:clap:

Corbyn was honest from the outset that he had issues supporting the EU; effectively seeing it as only just a "less worse option" than leaving

I don't subscribe to Corbyn's views and politics on everything - quite possibly not much at all when it comes down to it but I find it odd that one of the few who haven't been spouting fearmongering rhetoric all over the place - something that got farcical in a supposed civilised democracy and indirectly leading to a horrible murder, is the one who is being condemned.

I think he's been remarkably dignified amongst a screaming horde

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 22:38 ----------

Might soon be quicker to count those who are still in the Shadow Cabinet.

Current tally: one dismissed, ten resigned, nineteen still there. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36633158

How is nineteen Eighteen or even seventeen quicker to count than eleven?

Really?

JC sacked a popular MP and was apparantly caught on the hop when a few ministers followed. Like almost all of them. How many is it now the BBC appears to have given up counting. 20? 25? 35? It was farcical after the first seven left, now it's ludicrous

Can you think of any situation where the disdain for the leader is such that so many of the shadow cabinet left in a weekend? I can't. The only person to be ashamed here is Corbyn for not realising he's simply not got the confidence at all of the PLP, and despite how much support he has, if he stands again, and gets elected, the PLP will boot him again because they know, without a shadow of a doubt that Corbyn will never win them an election.

So ashamed yes - he should be if he's going to deny this country effectual Opposition at a time when it is needed so desperately that you'd have to go back to the Winter of Discontent, if not WW2 and he's pigging about trying to hold on to some hippy dream that vanished in the 1970's.

Edit: It's 43 resignations. And one sacking. I didnt even think that'd be possible. Does he have a revolving door on his office? Or are they just asking to be promoted so they can have the pleasure of resigning like everyone else...

Edited by Obelix

Really?

JC sacked a popular MP and was apparantly caught on the hop when a few ministers followed. Like almost all of them. How many is it now the BBC appears to have given up counting. 20? 25? 35? It was farcical after the first seven left, now it's ludicrous

Can you think of any situation where the disdain for the leader is such that so many of the shadow cabinet left in a weekend? I can't. The only person to be ashamed here is Corbyn for not realising he's simply not got the confidence at all of the PLP, and despite how much support he has, if he stands again, and gets elected, the PLP will boot him again because they know, without a shadow of a doubt that Corbyn will never win them an election.

So ashamed yes - he should be if he's going to deny this country effectual Opposition at a time when it is needed so desperately that you'd have to go back to the Winter of Discontent, if not WW2 and he's pigging about trying to hold on to some hippy dream that vanished in the 1970's.

Edit: It's 43 resignations. And one sacking. I didnt even think that'd be possible. Does he have a revolving door on his office? Or are they just asking to be promoted so they can have the pleasure of resigning like everyone else...

I think Corbyn is onto a huge vote-winner here. Don't underestimate the anger of voters with the establishment, it already cost us the referendum. The general public couldn't give a flying monkey about the PLP or whoever is in the cabinet, as pointed out to me frequently, the British voters don't vote for their MP, they vote for the person they think should lead the country.

I happen to think British voters vote against the person they think shouldn't lead the country, but that is up for debate.