Is it time for Corbyn to resign.

Boris Johnson has stepped out of the Conservative leadership race. I think that might have thrown Jeremy a life line. The lineup for leadership of the Conservatives don't have nearly as much stature as Boris, and some of them look positively weak.

Put Jeremy up against Angela Eagle, and he'll win.

Will he get the 51 votes necessary to stand? Does he need them being the incumbent?

Boris Johnson has stepped out of the Conservative leadership race. I think that might have thrown Jeremy a life line. The lineup for leadership of the Conservatives don't have nearly as much stature as Boris, and some of them look positively weak.

Gove or May would absolutely wipe the floor with Corbyn.

Especially as it looks like he will be taking about 40 of Labour's 229 MPs with him into the election, the rest having formed SDP2.

Put Jeremy up against Angela Eagle, and he'll win.

Yes they do seem to have found the only Labour MP weaker than Corbyn. That's some fine work there.

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 13:34 ----------

Will he get the 51 votes necessary to stand? Does he need them being the incumbent?

Labour have 229 MPs. About 40 of them supported Corbyn in the confidence motion.

Angela Eagle, aka 'the blonde bombshell'? Is that the best Labour can do?

I think this is a mechanism to force a leadership election with Corbyn refusing to trigger one by resigning.

I would have thought more substantial challengers will emerge once that's dealt with.

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 13:49 ----------

Being the incumbent does he need to rally 50 or so..?

I don't believe he does. I think that being the incumbent he can run anyway. Any Labour members around who know the rules?

, but much more so (if that is possible!) after he hasn't succeeded in doing the only job they wanted him there for, which was to persuade traditional Labour voters to vote Remain - now they all want him out yesterday.

Not so I'm afraid, Labour voters voted around 2 to 1 to remain so I would suggest he's carried the Labour vote on this issue and the reason for the leave vote lies with the Conservatives being unable to persuade their voters to stay.

Apparently Clive Lewis, Cat Smith, Rachel Maskell and Andy McDonald have all tried to see Corbyn in his office today (this is his shadow cabinet in case you don't recognise the names) and been refused entry by Diane Abbott, said to be 'blocking the door'.

Man of strength? No. I still stand by my opinion that he is spineless. The man is terrified of any form of confrontation, he even sacked Benn on the 'phone and hides from talking to anyone but his supporters.

Edit: and now the antisemitism is back; apparently a Corbyn supporter, in front of Corbyn himself, managed to unload with an anti Jewish rant on the Labour MP Ruth Smeeth at the launch of the Shami Chakrabarti report into anti-semitism.. Corbyn apparently stood by and watched.

Edited by the_bloke

Not so I'm afraid, Labour voters voted around 2 to 1 to remain so I would suggest he's carried the Labour vote on this issue and the reason for the leave vote lies with the Conservatives being unable to persuade their voters to stay.

have you got evidence on thet