Is it time for Corbyn to resign.

by elections only happen when the seat becomes vacant, by death or if the MP resigns.

sometimes the incumbent MP can resign and then decide to stand again, like Carswell did for UKIP in 2014. Of all the 1980s Labour defectors to the SDP, only one of them decided to resign and then stand again in a by-election as an SDP candidate. He lost.

but that is rare. Usually when MP's change their party allegiance a by-election does not follow and there is certainly no requirement for there to be one.

Is that so? I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the info.

I think my point about a new party vs. Corbyn Labour is still valid. It will split the Labour vote and make it way harder for any 'Laboury' party to win an election. The Tories must be laughing their asses off.

Is that so? I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the info.

I think my point about a new party vs. Corbyn Labour is still valid. It will split the Labour vote and make it way harder for any 'Laboury' party to win an election. The Tories must be laughing their asses off.

Isn't this similar to the way the SDP was born in the early 80's?

I know...I was just commenting on the similarity....

I'm wrong, 28 other Labour MPs and a Tory also joined the Gang of Four :)

Yeah, it looks very similar though. Even down to the hard left militant influence! Like Momentum.

but the voting figures dont prove that do they.??

Folk who don't wear blinkers don't seem to agree with you. But thankfully there are plenty like you in the Labour Party who will keep him in place until the world caves in around you. Hopefully in May 2020.:thumbsup: