Is it time for Corbyn to resign.

Questions rather than views what do you think

Quite simple. Let's call Labour under Corbyn Corbour and the split off party the SDP2. In the last GE in Labour heartlands UKIP were coming second to Labour.

At the next GE there will be a split of 'Labour' voters; some will vote Corbour, some SDP2 and the other voters will stick to UKIP (assuming they're still relevant), or as normal vote for the Tories etc.

So, there is a chance the split in Labour to Corbour and SDP2 will lead to Tories winning those seats and with FPTP the Tories would win the election with more seats than they have now. Neither Corbour or the SDP2 will win enough seats to be a credible opposition.

Quite simple. Let's call Labour under Corbyn Corbour and the split off party the SDP2. In the last GE in Labour heartlands UKIP were coming second to Labour.

At the next GE there will be a split of 'Labour' voters; some will vote Corbour, some SDP2 and the other voters will stick to UKIP (assuming they're still relevant), or as normal vote for the Tories etc.

So, there is a chance the split in Labour to Corbour and SDP2 will lead to Tories winning those seats and with FPTP the Tories would win the election with more seats than they have now. Neither Corbour or the SDP2 will win enough seats to be a credible opposition.

you really think, that the lack of core votes support by the LPL recently . i believe will enrich the UKIP core

you really think, that the lack of core votes support by the LPL recently . i believe will enrich the UKIP core

Very much depends on Brexit. Neither Leadsom nor May says there will be a GE before article 50 is triggered. I believe Leadsom but May might call one.

Say May wins and decides to have an election before triggering Art.50 - the Lib Dems have promised a pro-EU manifesto, UKIP most certainly would still be relevant and then there's the added prospect of a split Labour Party to contemplate. Can't see anything other than a coalition Government resulting.

A split in Labour is a bad idea. Therefore, I think it's best for Corbyn to go.

Assuming we Brexit before the next GE I think what will happen is as post 541.

That's what I think anyway, since you asked :)

Edited by Radan

Very much depends on Brexit. Neither Leadsom nor May says there will be a GE before article 50 is triggered. I believe Leadsom but May might call one.

Say May wins and decides to have an election before triggering Art.50 - the Lib Dems have promised a pro-EU manifesto, UKIP most certainly would still be relevant and then there's the added prospect of a split Labour Party to contemplate. Can't see anything other than a coalition Government resulting.

A split in Labour is a bad idea. Therefore, I think it's best for Corbyn to go.

Assuming we Brexit before the next GE I think what will happen is as post 541.

That's what I think anyway, since you asked :)

Unless their is a reconciliation in the labour party, i do believe that the UKIP vote with increase and take seats this time, if there is a GE. I do not believe that Corbyn is the person to lead the labour party ( i can not find what he had done prior to 1980,s be nice to be informed). However he was elected with due process. I hate being talked to by , the likes of Hilary Ben a dynasterial politician, who is making his father turning in his grave.

to be honest i think the Labour party is totally out od touch with their core voters.

Edited by phil752

Unless their is a reconciliation in the labour party, i do believe that the UKIP vote with increase and take seats this time, if there is a GE. I do not believe that Corbyn is the person to lead the labour party ( i can not find what he had done prior to 1980,s be nice to be informed). However he was elected with due process. I hate being talked to by , the likes of Hilary Ben a dynasterial politician, who is making his father turning in his grave.

Corbyn, from the age of 25 worked as a Councillor in Haringey, London. He was elected an MP in 1983.

UKIP might increase their share if Brexit is perceived to be taking too long. But once Article 50 is triggered I can't see their relevance.

Edited by Radan

Corbyn from the age of 25 worked as a Councillor in London. He was elected an MP in 1983.

UKIP might increase their share if Brexit is perceived to be taking too long. But once Article 50 is triggered I can't see their relevance.

what did he do pre 25 what work? Councillors are on just experiences

I just cant find what corbyn did as work priot the being elected in 1983

---------- Post added 10-07-2016 at 22:24 ----------

Trade Union stuff.

Trade Union stuff, you mean he was employed by the trade Union

Either way i was hoping he was a guy of the people, had a proper job in society.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 00:34 ----------

Trade Union stuff.

oh i forgot three times with the last post

Edited by phil752

I just cant find what corbyn did as work priot the being elected in 1983

---------- Post added 10-07-2016 at 22:24 ----------

Trade Union stuff, you mean he was employed by the trade Union

Either way i was hoping he was a guy of the people, had a proper job in society.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 00:34 ----------

oh i forgot three times with the last post

I believe he was employed as a Trade Union Representative and became a Councillor at the age of 24. He became an MP in 1983 (Islington North) and has been returned every election since, (7 times.) He is also holder of the International Ghandi Peace prize and various other awards.

He is a man of the people. The membership of the Labour Party is at an all time high, and has continued to rise since he was elected Leader. He is in touch with the people, (he spends much of his time around the country, talking to them, connecting with them, and listening to their concerns,) in a way that other MPs can't understand. He understands the zeitgiest of the country, rather than just the Westminster bubble.

The rest of the Labour party MPs are so out of touch. Jeremy wants to do things differently (better) and they just don't get it... They want to do things the way they've always been done, with good reason - it's a rather pleasant, comfy life, and they always keep an eye on the main chance and what's in it for them.

I believe he was employed as a Trade Union Representative and became a Councillor at the age of 24. He became an MP in 1983 (Islington North) and has been returned every election since, (7 times.) He is also holder of the International Ghandi Peace prize and various other awards.

He is a man of the people. The membership of the Labour Party is at an all time high, and has continued to rise since he was elected Leader. He is in touch with the people, (he spends much of his time around the country, talking to them, connecting with them, and listening to their concerns,) in a way that other MPs can't understand. He understands the zeitgiest of the country, rather than just the Westminster bubble.

The rest of the Labour party MPs are so out of touch. Jeremy wants to do things differently (better) and they just don't get it... They want to do things the way they've always been done, with good reason - it's a rather pleasant, comfy life, and they always keep an eye on the main chance and what's in it for them.

25 actually. He's never had a proper job in his life.