Is it time for Corbyn to resign.

I believe he was employed as a Trade Union Representative and became a Councillor at the age of 24. He became an MP in 1983 (Islington North) and has been returned every election since, (7 times.) He is also holder of the International Ghandi Peace prize and various other awards.

He is a man of the people. The membership of the Labour Party is at an all time high, and has continued to rise since he was elected Leader. He is in touch with the people, (he spends much of his time around the country, talking to them, connecting with them, and listening to their concerns,) in a way that other MPs can't understand. He understands the zeitgiest of the country, rather than just the Westminster bubble.

The rest of the Labour party MPs are so out of touch. Jeremy wants to do things differently (better) and they just don't get it... They want to do things the way they've always been done, with good reason - it's a rather pleasant, comfy life, and they always keep an eye on the main chance and what's in it for them.

That makes no sense at all.

He's been a professional politician since 1974. If anybody is part of the Westminster bubble, it's him.

He's been a professional politician since 1974. If anybody is part of the Westminster bubble, it's him.

Could not agree more, though his politics haven't really evolved from the pseudo-intellectual witterings of a school common room stinking of Lynx and self-richousness whilst Billy Bragg blares out on a crap hi-fi and the pretty Right-On girls wear Che and Smiths Meat is Murder tees. But he's definitely part of the bubble.

state school educated party leaders since 1963

Harold Wilson

Edward Heath

Margaret Thatcher

John Major

Ian Duncan Smith

William Hague

Michael Howard

Gordon Brown

privately educated party leaders

Tony Blair

David Cameron

Jeremy Corbyn

I believe he was employed as a Trade Union Representative and became a Councillor at the age of 24. He became an MP in 1983 (Islington North) and has been returned every election since, (7 times.) He is also holder of the International Ghandi Peace prize and various other awards.

He is a man of the people. The membership of the Labour Party is at an all time high, and has continued to rise since he was elected Leader. He is in touch with the people, (he spends much of his time around the country, talking to them, connecting with them, and listening to their concerns,) in a way that other MPs can't understand. He understands the zeitgiest of the country, rather than just the Westminster bubble.

The rest of the Labour party MPs are so out of touch. Jeremy wants to do things differently (better) and they just don't get it... They want to do things the way they've always been done, with good reason - it's a rather pleasant, comfy life, and they always keep an eye on the main chance and what's in it for them.

On the other hand, Eagle has been an MP since 1992, popular in her constituency (until now) and held numerous posts gaining experience for the role as leader. Where has Corbyn been - on the backbenches with no power or responsibility.

Corbyn might have time to go wandering around the country, but he should be spending it fixing the Labour party. At a time when they could have pounced on a weak Tory party, he floundered and lost control and support of his MPs.

Yes, public membership rose dramatically. But I believe that was only so the public could vote for Corby McCorbynface to show the party they were sick of New Labour and the possibility another New Labour crony would take over. These people have no idea what he's like to work with, work for.

Corbyn is very much old Labour, and that kind of politics has no place in the 21st century. He wants to do things his way, or no way. He's stubborn and ignorant.

Maybe he has a job on the side.

I came upon this the other day and couldn't resist even if the French spell his name slightly differently. :)

At £16/bottle he must be doing OK.

He is a man of the people.

Anna,

You have at all opportunities incessantly gone on about how the leaders of the Conservatives are out of touch because they never had a proper job, they never tried working, they went straight into politics... you frequently for example decried Cameron as being an Eton toff. I seem to recall that you rubbished him for daring to get a job as a researcher in Conservative central office and then going into politics because that wasn't real world enough for you.

As an aside, if you are going to call him "Jeremy" then you really should call the other guy "David" otherwise you are just dehumanising one against the other which is not especially objective...

So lets look at Corbyn. He went to work for a trade union - not representing people - he just worked for the union, so he's not actually been in touch with the real world.

He then became an MP.

So how is that any different from Cameron then?

And how can Corbyn suddenly be such a nice fluffly man of the people when he's cut from the same cloth as Cameron and has zero experience of the real world, or indeed even of real work?

Anna,

You have at all opportunities incessantly gone on about how the leaders of the Conservatives are out of touch because they never had a proper job, they never tried working, they went straight into politics... you frequently for example decried Cameron as being an Eton toff. I seem to recall that you rubbished him for daring to get a job as a researcher in Conservative central office and then going into politics because that wasn't real world enough for you.

As an aside, if you are going to call him "Jeremy" then you really should call the other guy "David" otherwise you are just dehumanising one against the other which is not especially objective...

So lets look at Corbyn. He went to work for a trade union - not representing people - he just worked for the union, so he's not actually been in touch with the real world.

He then became an MP.

So how is that any different from Cameron then?

And how can Corbyn suddenly be such a nice fluffly man of the people when he's cut from the same cloth as Cameron and has zero experience of the real world, or indeed even of real work?

Cameron is a multi millionaire, a distant cousin of the queen and married to an aristocrat. He doesn't live in the same world as the rest of us. He reeks of money, privilege, superiority and entitlement. He was probably picked out as Prime Minister material when he was still at Oxford, or even Eton, and had his path carefully smoothed for him.

He's never had to struggle, worry about money, or known what it's like to go without, and, more to the point, he's probably never even talked to people who have, except in stage managed events.

Jeremy Corbyn on the other hand has spent his working life dealing with real people, real issues and real problems as a councillor and as a constituancy MP. (Read Jeremy Corbyn's Wikipedia entry,) That's not the same as having a gilded entry into the world of politics.

He's a man of conviction and that's made for some awkward, a pain in the backside moments when he's gone up against the mighty and fought his corner. But above all he cares passionately about people and has dedicated his life to them. He still goes out round the country joining with people to fight alongside them, and listening to them and their concerns. I've talked to him. It's not an act, he's the genuine deal.

Cameron is a multi millionaire, a distant cousin of the queen and married to an aristocrat. He doesn't live in the same world as the rest of us. He reeks of money, privilege, superiority and entitlement. He was probably picked out as Prime Minister material when he was still at Oxford, or even Eton, and had his path carefully smoothed for him.

He's never had to struggle, worry about money, or known what it's like to go without, and, more to the point, he's probably never even talked to people who have, except in stage managed events.

Jeremy Corbyn on the other hand has spent his working life dealing with real people, real issues and real problems as a councillor and as a constituancy MP. (Read Jeremy Corbyn's Wikipedia entry,) That's not the same as having a gilded entry into the world of politics.

He's a man of conviction and that's made for some awkward, a pain in the backside moments when he's gone up against the mighty and fought his corner. But above all he cares passionately about people and has dedicated his life to them. He still goes out round the country joining with people to fight alongside them, and listening to them and their concerns. I've talked to him. It's not an act, he's the genuine deal.

Just in case you missed it Cameron has stepped aside and Theresa May is the one you need to attack now for not being a communist.

Just in case you missed it Cameron has stepped aside and Theresa May is the one you need to attack now for not being a communist.

I think I quite like Theresa May as a person, though I may end up not liking her politics.

David Cameron, on the other hand, I can't stand, both as a person, (he's a bully) and as a politician. I'm so glad he's gone, with his tail between his legs.