Is it time for Corbyn to resign.

Didn't they say that about Corbyn? I think that's the problem within Labour at the moment. They have rather a lot of low achievers. Those with any charisma and ambition will be keeping their powder dry until Labour shows signs of becoming electable. So for most of them they will be long retired before that time comes.

Incidentally I think you will find Owen Jones is a journalist for the Guardian.

So Anna. How will Corbyn vote on the Trident renewal? Will he vote to renew Britain's nuclear deterent or will we witness the leader of the Labour Party voting against the party's policy? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

A few of those stood behind him had a good dig at their leader's plan to vote against party policy. No doubt their names are now on Momentum's list of "MPs to be deselected".

A few of those stood behind him had a good dig at their leader's plan to vote against party policy. No doubt their names are now on Momentum's list of "MPs to be deselected".

Yes it will be a very strange "Old" Labour Party going into the next election only defending 50 or 60 seats. I wonder how many of Sheffield's MPs will still be on the ballot as Labour MPs and how many will have left the sinking ship to form a new party.

This was an interesting list dating from long before the revolt. I note that most MPs with any ability seem to fall into the hostile categories. (including Jo Cox). Indeed my own MP seems to be on the list likely to be deselected. I'm not a Labour fan but my sitting MP does a good job. In the event of deselection I might add my support for a breakaway party.

http://labourlist.org/2016/03/leaked-list-ranks-labour-mps-by-hostility-to-corbyn/

Edited by foxy lady

My mistake, it's Owen Smith (not Jones.) Still never heard of him.

As for Trident, people know Corbyn's position on this. He will no doubt try to make his case, but it is a free vote, with Labour MPs able to vote as they wish.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that.

My mistake, it's Owen Smith (not Jones.) Still never heard of him.

As for Trident, people know Corbyn's position on this. He will no doubt try to make his case, but it is a free vote, with Labour MPs able to vote as they wish.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that.

EVERYTHING should be a free vote. The whips office should be abolished.

Angela Eagle's office windows bricked.

Phones had to be disconnected because of the constant abusive telephone calls.

Well done Corbynites, you're really showing your true colours.

Accusations of false flag attacks are very common on the internet. It seems to have become one of the main tactics of apologists for bad behaviour. They are very popular with conspiracy theorists too. Making them pretty much indicates that the person doing so's opinion isn't worth considering.

So you don't look like a cynic. I'll leave it for you to consider whether you'd rather be thought of as an apologist or a conspiracy theorist.

well well well. it looks like there is more to the story than what the media and Angela Eagle have told us, who would have thunk it, perhaps the conspiracy theorists are not as mad as they first appear :huh:

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/07/18/angela-eagle-claims-corbyn-supporters-attacked-office-video-footage-suggests-otherwise-video/

well well well. it looks like there is more to the story than what the media and Angela Eagle have told us, who would have thunk it, perhaps the conspiracy theorists are not as mad as they first appear :huh:

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/07/18/angela-eagle-claims-corbyn-supporters-attacked-office-video-footage-suggests-otherwise-video/

Excellent. Why do the other parties need to fight Labour when you can get them to fight themselves. I'm hoping that Corbyn gets the vote and is returned as leader. I'm pretty sure that would be the last nail in Labour's coffin. :thumbsup: Party split into 2 halves..Spot on..:hihi::hihi:

And there's Theresa May miles ahead in the polls.. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sunday-mirror-opinion-poll-reveals-8436463 Even the Daily Mirror. There is no credible opposition and it looks like there probably won't be in the forseable future. I just hope the party don't boot Corbyn out when he loses the election in 2020. He's too thick to stand down for the good of the party, so Theresa May can look forward to rather a long time in Downing Street.

---------- Post added 18-07-2016 at 23:50 ----------

EVERYTHING should be a free vote. The whips office should be abolished.

Corbyn suffered the biggest rebellion of his leadership as 140 Labour MPs supported renewal of Trident despite his opposition while just 47 voted against.

Labour was formed by the unions.

Most unions support Corbyn.

Labour grass roots(working classes) support Corbyn.

Who do these privelidged right wing Labour M.P's think they are?

Why are some Labour voters misguided enough to listen to the nonsense spouted by these people, who are scared that their gravy train is under scrutiny.

People who would think nothing of launching misiles onto other countries in the name of 'democracy'.

Get a grip Labour people, no more imperialist rubbish.

Support your democratically elected leader for world peace and an end to biggotry and hatred.

I've happened across several people who are stumping up £25 to vote for him.

That's bloody unprecedented.

Ladbrokes have him at 2/5

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 01:00 ----------

Corbyn suffered the biggest rebellion of his leadership as 140 Labour MPs supported renewal of Trident despite his opposition while just 47 voted against.

As I understand it, Corbyn allowed a free vote, and didn't whip the party (largely of course, because he couldn't).

I don't think, for a moment, he expected to stop the government.

But what many commentators fail to understand, or at least comment upon, is that voting against something that will be carried, is absolutely the mark of a functioning democracy.

Party whipping, on the other hand, is the exact opposite.

In the admittedly rare event of a Labour victory, programs can be, and have been under several previous Labour governments, cancelled.

It's the difference between weather vanes and signposts. As someone famous once put it.

Edited by Phanerothyme

They are now announcing that only one of the two contenders will go forward onto the ballot - whoever gets the least support from the PLP will withdraw.

I'm surprised they are going to do this. The membership vote allows for the initial loser to have their votes transferred to their second choice, so an "anyone but Corbyn" vote will still be maximised.

Unless it is meant as a clear statement that both Eagle and Smith consider that the PLP vote split should decide who is the leader.