The consequence thread (Brexit)

If remain had won with 52% it would have been a decisive win in that case would it not?.

I've been wondering about what the reaction would've been had the boot been on the other foot too.

Had the leave campaign lost by the margin that remain lost, I think the leave camp would, rightly be demanding that the remain camp take their concerns seriously, particularly around immigration.

As the result is, Article 50 will be invoked, and those who voted to leave will not have to take the other's side into consideration.

farage has already said that that was a mistake. :roll:
Didn't take him long, did it? ;)

It looks like "Project Teflon" has begun in anger amongst Vote Leave figureheads :hihi:

Consequences all as expected so far:

GBP and FTSE getting two black eyes and a few teeth knocked out - check

Cameron getting out quick - check

Vote Leave politicians starting to distance themselves from practical consequences - check

I can see Cameron dropping the UK's Article 50 TFEU declaration at Brussels as his last act, so the 2 year period to end by October 2018.

Rest to follow, per my previous posts in the Referendum thread, and personal and business plans now set in motion.

Congratulations on your win, Leavers. Go easy on the bubbly (if the Kremlin has left any around, that is), you're going to need a clear head for what is to follow.

Edited by L00b

Congratulations for all the Leave voters. Let's hope you get what you want.

Because what I didn't want is already happening. The pound crashes to its lowest point since Thatcher, the Nikkei lost 7% in a few hours, the Future options on the European markets point to at least a similar loss just on opening this morning. Who knows where it will end.

So let's keep track of the consequences in this thread.

Its it a fantastic day . As Our Nige has said

THIS IS OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY

Its it a fantastic day . As Our Nige has said

THIS IS OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY

It is, and like I said, congratulations. Let's hope you get what you want. (Which presumably is not Our Nige quickly putting a hold to the promise the NHS would benefit from the money going to the EU.)

Laws of unintended consequences and all that.

How long before the French rescind border agreements and just let the migrants walk onto the ferries to claim asylum in Dover?

we dont have to let them get off the Ferries tho. send em back to France .

welcome our new pm in October,Boris,good God.

Surely we should be having a general election

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 09:22 ----------

we dont have to let them get off the Ferries tho. send em back to France .

That could be an option. Who is paying for the policing operation at every UK ferry port?

It is, and like I said, congratulations. Let's hope you get what you want. (Which presumably is not Our Nige quickly putting a hold to the promise the NHS would benefit from the money going to the EU.)

What i want is our borders closed , and an end to uncontrolled Immigration into Blighty.

stiff upper lip old chap :D we ventured out of the eu because we were fed up of other countries telling us how to run our country. it looks like we got the hat trick in winning 2 world wars and now the war with the eu :hihi: . well done the british people for doing what they think is right :thumbsup:

Remind me again which is the largest economy in the EU? and you say we won?