The consequence thread (Brexit)

It doesn't matter if there's 20 million on there. There was a referendum. Everyone eligible had the chance to vote. They voted. We got a clear result.

The Electoral Commissioner said even if it was only down to one vote in the referendum result it would be a definitive outcome.

The whole idea of starting up petitions because you didn't get the result you wanted is an insult to democracy.

In 1975, my parents voted in - and yet now their democratic choice is being overturned and yet those who are shouting 'foul to democracy' seem to overlook this.

So when can this referendum be revisited?

40 years?

30 years?

20 years?

5 years?

1 year?

Or perhaps when the electorate asks for it in enough numbers?

In 1975, my parents voted in - and yet now their democratic choice is being overturned and yet those who are shouting 'foul to democracy' seem to overlook this.

So when can this referendum be revisited?

40 years?

30 years?

20 years?

5 years?

1 year?

Or perhaps when the electorate asks for it in enough numbers?

I'm not sure you understand democracy.

I know it won't work.

Why sign it?

Do you think it will achieve anything?

Who knows. I haven't signed it.

I came to the thread to see what the mood was about steps going forward for Britain but instead it's descended into Brexiters moaning about Remainers moaning about Brexit.

Why aren't all you Brexiters off making homemade lemonade in the Just William Britain you think you have managed to recreate with Brexit?

Or have you already woken up to stark reality that for those in the North pretty much nothing will change, and the bankers and politicians you think you have kicked in the balls will still be rich and out of touch, that David Cameron is gonna be alright with his £30m nest egg to enjoy the rest of his life with, and that really it was all a waste of time?

I'm not sure you understand democracy.

In what way - my parents voted with a majority to join the EU. The democratic choice of the nation that voted then has now been ignored and revisited because enough people wanted it - what's the difference?

Please explain.

I've already called you out on that. Boston had the biggest percentage to Leave, and it's got a high level of immigration (15% are from the EU compared to the UK average of 5%).

Funny how there was a news article on Boston saying how happy the locals were with the influx of foreigners in Boston and how it helped business and community growth.

Obviously not!

Worried it might work?

So it's not about trying to subvert democracy, it's just about expressing displeasure as you replied to me, but it might "work". That's trying to subvert democracy then.

As is complaining about it. If you are worried it might work. The people spoke and sorry, they are still speaking.

Ahem, may I remind you at midnightish Nigel Farage was conceding and saying those 2m that registered to vote after the deadline was extended had screwed his chances of victory.

When Brexit won he described it as a victory for decent people. So remainers are bad people? Since, his 'side' have admitted they lied about two major things (immigration and the NHS). The result was very close. Can you not understand Remain frustration even a little bit?

Nigel Farage at no point represented me, with his dogs breakfast of an alternative leave campaign. Nigel has his own side.

I thank him kindly for his contribution to getting this referendum in the first place, and nothing else.

Who knows. I haven't signed it.

I came to the thread to see what the mood was about steps going forward for Britain but instead it's descended into Brexiters moaning about Remainers moaning about Brexit.

Why aren't all you Brexiters off making homemade lemonade in the Just William Britain you think you have managed to recreate with Brexit?

Or have you already woken up to stark reality that for those in the North pretty much nothing will change, and the bankers and politicians you think you have kicked in the balls will still be rich and out of touch, that David Cameron is gonna be alright with his £30m nest egg to enjoy the rest of his life with, and that really it was all a waste of time?

Have you seen the weather outside? Its not really homemade lemonade weather?

Hot chocolate and 'Battle of Britain' dvd time old boy.

What about the WWIII and end of civilisation claims?

What about the promise in 1975 that it was just a single market, and the UK Government would always retain sovereignty over the laws made that effect the UK? My parents voted to go into the EEC back then, and are a bit upset that they were lied to. Should we rerun the 1975 referendum?

WWIII was part of Boris's hyperbole, along with bubonic plague. And he supported and repeated the £350 million lie.