The consequence thread (Brexit)

That sounds like utter tripe as it was the Labour areas that overwhelmingly backed Brexit. 2/3 of the entire vote in Wakefield.

I didn't think that sounded right either but I assume it is based on this - http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

A couple of newspapers have stated these polls are considered to fairly accurate as it is reflective and asked a larger group of people than most.

Absolute quality.

Half of that is a global push like Kyoto, some more of it common sense, some from the EU I suspect. It won't be that nice lady from Brighton and that Aussie nut job pushing an agenda.

We wouldn't be pushing fracking with such gusto is there was any sort of green influence.

Its the Green movement around the world, of which that nice lady from Brighton and the bat **** crazy ozzie is a (small) part, that is surely behind it, despite the fact that they're not in power anywhere in the developed world.

The leave camp never had a plan. It was repeatedly stated on here that it wasn't required.

They said on here it was the job of whatever government was in power to organise the process. They wanted somebody else to do it for them. Now it's their job. And they don't have a clue what to do.

**** up and brewery springs to mind Oo

The government (in the form of David Cameron, before he steps down) could say "We don't like the idea of Brexit McBrexitface after all, and we've decided to go with 'Sir Remain Attenburgh' instead", and then take it to parliament, with an unwhipped free vote.

I wonder what would happen?

I reckon most of Labour and all of the SNP would vote to stay, and enough of the Conservatives. It would be interesting to see how individuals vote. Labour and the SNP were not party to the decision to even go for a referendum, so they could stick with party policy, ie to remain. There would be a backlash from those members of the public who wanted to exit, but roughly the same number wanted to stay, so no overall loss. The main impact would be the loss of trust in them not doing what they said they would, but

1. Respect for MPs is pretty low anyway,

2. It was David Cameron who promised a referendum, not all the MPs (they could argue), and

3. David Cameron is going anyway, so what does it matter to him. (In fact, if he strongly believes in the EU, then he might see it as a chance for future historians to paint him in a good light as the man who saved Europe).

OK, OK, the sun must have got to me. I'll go and lay down until the feeling wears off. It was just a wild "what if" idea. They ought to do simulators to try out all the possible scenarios (A bit like Stewie shooting Lois).

Edited by Eater Sundae

Its the Green movement around the world, of which that nice lady from Brighton and the bat **** crazy ozzie is a (small) part, that is surely behind it, despite the fact that they're not in power anywhere in the developed world.

Yes, you are right. Scientists and their advice play no role whatsoever.

:huh:

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 18:53 ----------

The government (in the form of David Cameron, before he steps down) could say "We don't like the idea of Brexit McBrexitface after all, and we've decided to go with 'Sir Remain Attenburgh' instead", and then take it to parliament, with an unwhipped free vote.

I wonder what would happen?

I reckon most of Labour and all of the SNP would vote to stay, and enough of the Conservatives. It would be interesting to see how individuals vote. Labour and the SNP were not party to the decision to even go for a referendum, so they could stick with party policy, ie to remain. There would be a backlash from those members of the public who wanted to exit, but roughly the same number wanted to stay, so no overall loss. The main impact would be the loss of trust in them not doing what they said they would, but

1. Respect for MPs is pretty low anyway,

2. It was David Cameron who promised a referendum, not all the MPs (they could argue), and

3. David Cameron is going anyway, so what does it matter to him. (In fact, if he strongly believes in the EU, then he might see it as a chance for future historians to paint him in a good light as the man who saved Europe).

OK, OK, the sun must have got to me. I'll go and lay down until the feeling wears off. It was just a wild "what if" idea. They ought to simulators to try out all the possible scenarios (A bit like Stewie shooting Lois).

Nice idea. Remember the poll tax riots?

I'd like that too, but the army would be needed.

I wouldnt call burying rubbish as an expensive way of getting shut of it . It TAX that makes it expensive and leads to fly tipping.

You really don't have a clue do you Penistone999! :confused: I said the waste goes to recycling or recovery, landfill is a disposal. You can't legally export for disposal. Very little goes to landfill, I have no idea why people think it does. I'm not just talking about non hazardous general waste. I'm talking about hazardous wastes.

What happens to The Human Rights Act, do we still keep it or will it be open for negotiation?

the european convention of human rights is handled through the council of europe it's a totally different instituation and treaty structure

that stays and so it should