The consequence thread (Brexit)

And juncker can with the best will in the world suck our collective spouter.

We will negotiate with the nations not the vindictive commision.

Absolutely. Voted remain but starting to hate Juncker now!

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 21:05 ----------

We can pick and chose the ones we need.

So you see us getting a deal unlike Norway do you? Completely boutique? All the benefits of EU membership but none of the 'bad' things?

Keep dreaming.

This referendum . . . . . what a nightmare, its going from bad to worse !

The fallout is escalating, and peoples political asperations are being devastated,where will it all end ?

David Cameron, has caused an earthquake, of monumental proportions,I bet he cant sleep at night, I read on line, he cried, after his resignation speech.

I am not at all surprised, a lot more people will be crying as well.

This referendum should never have taken place,so many foolish people airing their silly opinions, with the insight and comprehension of a gnat !

The GREAT has just be removed from Britain,and if Scotland leave it will be DEVASTATED Britain.

The worse situation, since we were at war, in 1939 to 1945.

Jeremy Corbin should resighn, he is another gray man, eating peas, sadly.

In future perhaps we should leave it your superior intelligence to decide for us.

It [the petition to rerun the referendum] us fake and stupid that's probably why it gets taken down. It has 36000 votes from the Vatican (population 800) and 40000 voted from North Korea.

It has a script bot running on it putting new names and email addresses constantly.

I don`t pretend to know what you`re talking about "script bots", but what I do know is at least 5 people I know have signed it, so 3.5 million is quite achievable legitimately. None were "live and breathe" campaigners for Remain, they just voted for it.

Just out of interest, where did you get those figures for The Vatican & N Korea. This map, on the Parliament website, only shows the UK.

Edited by Justin Smith

I did some sums...

People are saying that only 37% voted Leave, and using that as some form of argument, well, let's break this down :)

Total Registered	46,496,650	100%
Total Voted		33,551,983	72.16%
Total Didn't Vote	12,944,667	27.84%

Final Leave		17,410,742	51.89%
Final Remain		16,141,241	48.11%

Leave			17,410,742	37.45%
Remain			16,141,241	34.71%

the figures are there people ;)

I did some sums...

People are saying that only 37% voted Leave, and using that as some form of argument, well, let's break this down :)

Total Registered	46,496,650	100%
Total Voted		33,551,983	72.16%
Total Didn't Vote	12,944,667	27.84%

Final Leave		17,410,742	51.89%
Final Remain		16,141,241	48.11%

Leave			17,410,742	37.45%
Remain			16,141,241	34.71%

the figures are there people ;)

but what do they mean?

Schulz has stated that he expects Cameron's address at the EU summit on Tuesday evening to contain an unequivocal triggering of article 50.

Apparently it doesn't even require a letter. A formal verbal statement enough.

Cameron is going to have to pick his words very carefully. Or call in sick.

Schulz can expect whatever, he's just a figurehead with comparatively little pull. Cameron isn't going to trigger 50 TFEU Tuesday, or at any time while he's still in no.10. He took care of that Friday morning, and there's nowt anyone here or in Brussels can do to 'make him'.

Like I said, I want our democratically elected leaders to have the balls to say, 'it's quite clear Vote Leave and Farage lied to you, the result was so close, we don't want to break up the UK so we will ignore the referendum and remain in the EU.'

Wouldn't that be funny.

To a fraction of the 48%, yes, perhaps.

And juncker can with the best will in the world suck our collective spouter.

We will negotiate with the nations not the vindictive commision.

You aren't negotiating with nations,they only have to approve what comes out of the negotiations.