The consequence thread (Brexit)

Thing is, it's not 48% of the country, as only 34.71% of all those registered to vote, actually voted for Remain...

Look at the numbers I posted a little above....

This is what people keep getting wrong saying it was 48% of people wanted to remain, but only 37.45% of people voted to leave - both are true, but from different readings, different stats etc....

These are the tricks and things that the media like to use...

There's an important point though. One of the trades unions reforms requires that votes over strike action require a certain turnout and a certain percentage of the total electorate to vote in favour for strike action to be valid. For public services 40% of the total union electorate must be in favour.

So there is a kind of sensible precedent, and the rules for it were designed by the Conservatives themselves .

Why take such extraordinary care over union ballot rules and be so utterly careless with a referendum process that affects the entire future of the country?

So, you've 'got me' because you've mixed up my sentiments with another posters?

You wrote spot on to a whole post. I thought you agreed with the whole post.

You've made it clear you didn't. So give it a rest now.

You said that already. Anything better to contribute?

Breathe pal breathe, life goes on.

Not a single person knows how things will pan out, we've made our bed, let's see how things are in the morning eh?

You wrote spot on to a whole post. I thought you agreed with the whole post.

You've made it clear you didn't. So give it a rest now.

I do agree with the whole post. You have second-guessed 'surprise' in the post. I'm reading it as it is. Maybe it's you who should give it rest.

Breathe pal breathe, life goes on.

Not a single person knows how things will pan out, we've made our bed, let's see how things are in the morning eh?

Nothing more to contribute then. Why bother reading the thread?

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 22:03 ----------

I do agree with the whole post. Maybe it's you who should give it rest.

Shut up then?

All of a sudden,Brexiters aren't in such a hurry to leave the EU are they?

To be fair I don't think there ever was a rush.

We already shot ourselves in the foot and while we're on the floor wracked with pain Schulz & Juncker are demanding we put a sawn-off shotgun in our mouth and blow our head off.

Their demands are wholly unreasonable and are going to remind people of the bullying treatment dished out to Greece.

Planning, and a clear indication that we are planning, is entirely reasonable. Pulling the trigger before we are ready is not.

Why take such extraordinary care over union ballot rules and be so utterly careless with a referendum process that affects the entire future of the country?

I think it was because they thought there would be overwhelming support for the Stay vote and was also the reason they had no contingency plan. Its fairy plain that this Government has messed it all up and badly underestimated the feelings of its own people.. yet again!

Nothing more to contribute then. Why bother reading the thread?

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 22:03 ----------

Shut up then?

I will post as and when I feel like, where I feel like, thank you kindly sir.

As for contributing, my personal stance is as above,

Not a single person knows where we'll be at the end of this road, not 1.

We may regret this decision, it could turn out to be the best thing that has happened to this country.

Who knows?

You?

Nope

Me?

Nope.

Yet you and others seem hell bent on damning a democratically made decision, whether it was made by the uneducated, poor and derived or not.

What exactly can you do about it, personally?

Nothing.

Move on, we're coming out. Deal with it.