The consequence thread (Brexit)

Just let’s assume that the UK prosperous from being out, and I personally think we will (My opinion) and yes I voted out .Are the remain doubters going to say they were wrong and the right decision was made to leave the EU.

It will probably be a great relief for a lot of people if they are proven wrong.

I think it was because they thought there would be overwhelming support for the Stay vote and was also the reason they had no contingency plan. Its fairy plain that this Government has messed it all up and badly underestimated the feelings of its own people.. yet again!

If they don't have a plan I'd be very surprised. It's only been a few days. Next week we will hear more. The commons hasn't even sat since the vote yet.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 22:17 ----------

Just let’s assume that the UK prosperous from being out, and I personally think we will (My opinion) and yes I voted out .Are the remain doubters going to say they were wrong and the right decision was made to leave the EU.

No. We will say we cannot ever know for sure if we'd have been even better off had we stayed in :)

I will post as and when I feel like, where I feel like, thank you kindly sir.

As for contributing, my personal stance is as above,

Not a single person knows where we'll be at the end of this road, not 1.

We may regret this decision, it could turn out to be the best thing that has happened to this country.

Who knows?

You?

Nope

Me?

Nope.

Yet you and others seem hell bent on damning a democratically made decision, whether it was made by the uneducated, poor and derived or not.

What exactly can you do about it, personally?

Nothing.

Move on, we're coming out. Deal with it.

:clap:

... and I was beginning to think it was just me that felt this way! :thumbsup:

:hihi:

That's not strictly true though...

... it's only either 48.1% or 51.9% of them that are stark raving mad, depending on which side of the fence you're sitting! ;)

People still going on about the rights and wrongs of brexit are wasting their time and effort on the wrong subject.

It was supposed to be a consequences thread...

Not your all morons for voting out thread.

Never been interested in politics, my own belief is that they all pee in the same pot, but I've found this whole thing rather enthralling!!

I will post as and when I feel like, where I feel like, thank you kindly sir.

As for contributing, my personal stance is as above,

Not a single person knows where we'll be at the end of this road, not 1.

We may regret this decision, it could turn out to be the best thing that has happened to this country.

Who knows?

You?

Nope

Me?

Nope.

Yet you and others seem hell bent on damning a democratically made decision, whether it was made by the uneducated, poor and derived or not.

What exactly can you do about it, personally?

Nothing.

Move on, we're coming out. Deal with it.

Thanks for your input. You are indeed correct. But this is a forum to discuss things and that's what we are doing. I thinks it's quite fun tbh, better than Cold Play on TV anyway. So just being told I'm 'mad' is a tad annoying when it's not qualified. But you've qualified it now. Good.

Are we coming out though, are we? You are 100% certain? Stake your house on it?

To be fair I don't think there ever was a rush.

We already shot ourselves in the foot and while we're on the floor wracked with pain Schulz & Juncker are demanding we put a sawn-off shotgun in our mouth and blow our head off.

Their demands are wholly unreasonable and are going to remind people of the bullying treatment dished out to Greece.

Planning, and a clear indication that we are planning, is entirely reasonable. Pulling the trigger before we are ready is not.

I would have thought that planning,and a clear indication that we are planning,would have been carried out by the Brexiters in the long run up from the date that the referendum was announced,up to when it was held.........or is that a bit too much to ask?

I would have thought that planning,and a clear indication that we are planning,would have been carried out by the Brexiters in the long run up from the date that the referendum was announced,up to when it was held.........or is that a bit too much to ask?

I suspect they did. But the possibilities weren't appealing enough to present during the campaign.

Too much to ask. Its this governments responsibility to do the planning not the Brexiters and it failed badly, hence Cameron resigning. Now his party and the country have to face the mess he got us into, and by mess I mean not planning for a Leave result.

Edited by apelike

Thanks for your input. You are indeed correct. But this is a forum to discuss things and that's what we are doing. I thinks it's quite fun tbh, better than Cold Play on TV anyway. So just being told I'm 'mad' is a tad annoying when it's not qualified. But you've qualified it now. Good.

Are we coming out though, are we? You are 100% certain? Stake your house on it?

Yes we're coming out, same as Tories are in power cos we voted them in.

I'm not clued up enough on the ins and outs of politics to try getting smart with anyone, but like I said,we're out.

Yet I've followed and read both threads on here re this, and this "consequences" thread has derailed into a slagging off the vote outers thread.

So I'll ask you as per the thread title.

What will the consequences of brexit be?

Not what do you THINK it will be?

It's an impossible question at this time this early.

So for this thread to hit 75 pages means your all stark raving mad!!

Yes we're coming out, same as Tories are in power cos we voted them in.

I'm not clued up enough on the ins and outs of politics to try getting smart with anyone, but like I said,we're out.

Yet I've followed and read both threads on here re this, and this "consequences" thread has derailed into a slagging off the vote outers thread.

So I'll ask you as per the thread title.

What will the consequences of brexit be?

Not what do you THINK it will be?

It's an impossible question at this time this early.

So for this thread to hit 75 pages means your all stark raving mad!!

Fair point. Consequences thus far:

Collapse of the Tories

Collapse of Labour

SNP call for a 2nd referendum on independence

Call from Sinn Fein for a border poll.

Off to a flying start.........