The consequence thread (Brexit)

So... Boris will be having quiet chats with Angela in private - Angela will come back with a better offer (in the same way Ireland got one), and Boris will say, "things have changed", and go to the country again.

This time an overwhelming Remain vote will sweep Boris to the head of the queue on his noble steed...

So... Boris will be having quiet chats with Angela in private - Angela will come back with a better offer (in the same way Ireland got one), and Boris will say, "things have changed", and go to the country again.

This time an overwhelming Remain vote will sweep Boris to the head of the queue on his noble steed...

That might not happen. Ange has already been talking to the French chap and the result of the conversation might be "hammer the UK hard" - I doubt it, but I don't know.

Ha ha. Even Nigel would be offering £350 million for the health service if that was to happen.

(PS still not seen any news on where this week's hospital is going to be built).

If the terms of access to the single market are completely unacceptable then they can shove it up their jacksie!

It wont be long before the people of the other major European countries demand a change of the terms to make it more palatable for Britain(and them) so that sensible trade can happen.

I cannot imagine for one moment that the EU would ever consider even thinking about giving the UK access to the single market without insisting on free movement of labour. It is a key cornerstone, without which countries would resort to protectionist restrictions on incomers. If one country had, all would have to do the same. Not necessarily a bad idea in itself, but totally against the intent of the EU's free market. Allowing it wuld certainly mean the end of the EU as it stands. Those turkeys won't vote for christmas.

I cannot imagine for one moment that the EU would ever consider even thinking about giving the UK access to the single market without insisting on free movement of labour. It is a key cornerstone, without which countries would resort to protectionist restrictions on incomers. If one country had, all would have to do the same. Not necessarily a bad idea in itself, but totally against the intent of the EU's free market. Allowing it wuld certainly mean the end of the EU as it stands. Those turkeys won't vote for christmas.

What I find ironic, and what people still don't seem to get, is that with any country in the EU, under current rules, if you don't find a job within 93 days, and you have no means of sustaining yourself (including a bank account in that country without a minimum amount of funds in) then there is a requirement for you to return home. How or whether that is implemented is a different matter, but those are the rules now. And they will be the same if we stay in the single market.

Just to change things a bit... One of my Polish friends woke up this morning to find a notice on a lamp post by his car which read 'LEAVE THE EU - No more Polish Vermin'.

Apparently these have been springing up throughout the country. Wherever there are Polish centres. It appears that once consequence of this entire referendum is that it has brought out the worst in people.

what area was that

What I find ironic, and what people still don't seem to get, is that with any country in the EU, under current rules, if you don't find a job within 93 days, and you have no means of sustaining yourself (including a bank account in that country without a minimum amount of funds in) then there is a requirement for you to return home. How or whether that is implemented is a different matter, but those are the rules now. And they will be the same if we stay in the single market.

how many times do you think that happen?

That might not happen. Ange has already been talking to the French chap and the result of the conversation might be "hammer the UK hard" - I doubt it, but I don't know.

What a strange club the EU is. If the idea is to hammer the UK for leaving to deter others from doing so, it sort of indicates that the others dithering with leaving might feel better off out of the EU and need detering. Which I suppose vindicates the UK getting out when we got the chance.

As any action to punish the UK by tarriffs etc is easily countered with our own tarriffs on the EU, any attempt to punish the UK equally punishes remaining EU members. Now I can understand the EU damaging its own economy to hit Russia with sanctions, but doing the same to fellow NATO members seems a little short sighted.

The more I see things unfold the more I am convinced that the EU is turning into the type of state that we fought 2 world wars to avoid. We certainly did well to escape.

i dont think its working in firvale :roll: