The consequence thread (Brexit)

Which rather highlights the incompetence of our former masters at negotiating anything efficiently.

Don't negotiate with the EU negotiate with Berlin neing the way around such long winded nonsense.

Isnt a US/Canada trade deal 11 years and counting? (Its a genuine question BTW - I recall seeing something involving Canada but cant recall specifics)

That was an entire charade. He didn't ask anything of the EU, he befuddled a number of points that he knew he already had and took them back to the UK. He basically did this because he didn't want to explain that the UK already had a very beneficial relation with the EU. Don't forget this is the man who harped on about 100K refugees, yet knowingly issuing visas to more non-EU citizens than ever before.

You can say what you like. I and the majority of the country voted to leave the EU. You probably would have settled for being kicked in the nuts and still voted remain. The rest of us had a bottom line for voting remain. We didn't get it so remain didn't get our votes. It's quite simple.

How am I in denial? If we get a Norway deal I will be delighted. It's the best I can hope for since Brexit. But if we get a Norway deal it will be seen as a huge failing for the Brexit voters.

You are mistaken if you think we can get an EU deal as good as the one we just stuck two fingers up at.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 16:48 ----------

They goose step? How is that factual?

........"Goose-steppers" a slang expression used extensively to describe Germans who have twice tried to crush Britain in two world wars.Millions know the expression you pretend you don't!

For anyone with an arrogant PC persuasion who has just lost the referendum vote it could cause embarrassment............I fully understand!

You can say what you like. I and the majority of the country voted to leave the EU. You probably would have settled for being kicked in the nuts and still voted remain. The rest of us had a bottom line for voting remain. We didn't get it so remain didn't get our votes. It's quite simple.

Do you think your concerns (what ever they are) will be addressed when we leave?

"Radan's" description of Germany and France as "Goose steppers and their poodles" are so out of date and offensive to all. What were you thinking ? Many of us are upset with the position the UK is left in, but lets stay rational and think through solutions.

In fact if we are recover from this unfortunate & self imposed Brexit situation, we are going to need the co-operation and support of the leaders of both countries, especially Germany. By her position, she will influence many countries, so her close assistance is important.

Please, lets have positive inputs if we are going to be able to contribute to a badly needed solution

It was mossdog, not me, thanks. Please amend your post.

"Radan's" description of Germany and France as "Goose steppers and their poodles" are so out of date and offensive to all. What were you thinking ? Many of us are upset with the position the UK is left in, but lets stay rational and think through solutions.

In fact if we are recover from this unfortunate & self imposed Brexit situation, we are going to need the co-operation and support of the leaders of both countries, especially Germany. By her position, she will influence many countries, so her close assistance is important.

Please, lets have positive inputs if we are going to be able to contribute to a badly needed solution

Well I would agree with you up to a point. The EU needed the UK in the EU. Without the UK the EU will be taken over by the federalists and in particular Germany. There will be many folks across Europe over the coming months who will start to realise that they are being governed from Berlin. I think the Greeks have worked it out but haven't yet worked out what to do about it. Several other nations are pretty close to the edge too.

The sad thing is that if the EU works out that it is on the eve of destruction, kicks out Juncker and reforms to keep Holland Sweden Poland and a few of the others, it may well have reformed itself into an EU that the British would have voted to be a part of.

Do you think your concerns (what ever they are) will be addressed when we leave?

My only worry is that we don't get the right negotiating team ( we may be better with bunch of wily car traders, than our politicians )

Edited by phil752

........"Goose-steppers" a slang expression used extensively to describe Germans who have twice tried to crush Britain in two world wars.Millions know the expression you pretend you don't!

For anyone with an arrogant PC persuasion who has just lost the referendum vote it could cause embarrassment............I fully understand!

Yes, I'm aware of the expression. I just thought it rather childish. Only you have used it thus far.