The consequence thread (Brexit)

Peter Hargreaves, who gave £3million to Brexit campaign because "we would be better off out" has lost £410million since Friday.
I just fell off my settee laughing :hihi::hihi::hihi:

You could at least put a H&S warning at the beginning of your posts :nono:

:D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/26/uk-must-look-beyond-europe-after-brexit-says-cbi-boss/

I don't think we will have it our way when trying to negotiate an ongoing trading deal with EU.

Key EU members and of course the EU bosses won't want to give others the impression that UK can dictate a deal to stay in single market.

I agree staying in single market should be priority but at the same time government here needs to start opening new trading links from other nations.

I took no notice of the posturing and the "deal" before the referendum. As far as I was concerned it was just window dressing. The PM trying to look like a statesman on the international scene, as viewed by UK voters. A complete waste of time.

I voted remain on what we already had.

Well in that case you would have got a bonus because although Cameron didn't get much, he did get a little. Enough to get a few extra remain votes, but if the EU leaders really wanted Britain to remain they could have done more.

There were those who would settle for nothing. Others who settled for a little, but in the end not enough was offered for the majority.

Oh well. If that's what you want to think. It seems there is no hope for all those Europeans who currently visit our shores. It would appear from your viewpoint that the EU is about to brush their health interests aside in the name of petty bureaucracy. Indeed it seems the EU jumped the gun and Spain cut the link a few years early.

I myself simply buy annual travel insurance, which ticks all the boxes, allows me to tavel anywhere in the world, and not be at the mercy of the politicians and their squabbles.

In a country with a EHIC arrangement with the UK insurers expect you to avail of the EHIC arrangements first.

Like many Brexiters it seems you couldn't be bothered with the small print.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/26/uk-must-look-beyond-europe-after-brexit-says-cbi-boss/

I don't think we will have it our way when trying to negotiate an ongoing trading deal with EU.

Key EU members and of course the EU bosses won't want to give others the impression that UK can dictate a deal to stay in single market.

I agree staying in single market should be priority but at the same time government here needs to start opening new trading links from other nations.

That's up to the EU. The single market works both ways. If we don't have access to their market, they won't have free access to our's. Germany does sell a lot of VWs, Mercedes Benz, Audi, and BMW cars over here. But I'm sure the manufacturers won't mind their government cutting them off from those sales in order to be seen to be playing hard ball.

That's up to the EU. The single market works both ways. If we don't have access to their market, they won't have free access to our's. Germany does sell a lot of VWs, Mercedes Benz, Audi, and BMW cars over here. But I'm sure the manufacturers won't mind their government cutting them off from those sales in order to be seen to be playing hard ball.
I'm quietly confident GB wealthy types will still be buying German wheels in droves with a 10% tarriff on the windscreen just the same, without German/EU negotiators lifting a finger (but keeping 2 up at GB).

It's just those GB wealthy types' non-EU imported workforce will have to forego payrises and bonuses a bit longer to offset the price hike ;)

Edited by L00b