The consequence thread (Brexit)

If it's accurate, then its looking like exactly what I said would happen, was always planned...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

"IF" being the operative word. It is the Express, after all.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 21:34 ----------

It's the Express. They can't even get the weather right.

Yes, but they're right on some things. Diana's still dead. (Too early?)

Is that how much the tax is? I was reading that the import taxes on cars into the USA is 2.5%
It's 10% into the UK, from the US, but as usual there's lots of different situations and rates. E.g 22% for commercial vehicles. Not forgetting VAT at 20% on top.See here.

And no tariffs on Jaguars & Range Rovers over here for wealthy brits, remember. Woops.

But surely aren't JLR looking to sell beyond the borders of the UK. The key is to make better stuff and then sell it. Even if JLR in the UK matches VW Audi, Mercedes and BMW in Germany, what about the market in France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands etc when potential buyers see a 10% tarriff on JLR that doesn't apply to the German products. What will the French, Spanish, Italians and Dutch buy?

But surely aren't JLR looking to sell beyond the borders of the UK. The key is to make better stuff and then sell it. Even if JLR in the UK matches VW Audi, Mercedes and BMW in Germany, what about the market in France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands etc when potential buyers see a 10% tarriff on JLR that doesn't apply to the German products. What will the French, Spanish, Italians and Dutch buy?

With the pound this low, they might well buy more ;)

Brexiters are economc geniuses.

Yes, I can now see how this plan works. Crash the pound so that imports become more expensive, that way the trade deficit doesn't matter so much because we'll just import less and, as if by magic, the national debt is all of a sudden a lot smaller. It is, you have to grant, a hugely well thought out finger to the establishment.

I don't, but I am familiar with the document, I read the abstract of the German version. It is not policy, it is a starting document to discuss how the EU can become more resilient post Brexit. It is the complete opposite of the formation of an EU superstate, in fact it discusses how the EU should take note of Brexit and focus purely on supranational matters and leave national matters to the nations.

There are some balloons in there, which might well fly, but so far it is merely a starting point for a democratic process. That is how democracy in Europe works...

Link

if cameron knew about what was said in your link no wonder he gave us a referendum on in or out talk about being shafted(again) by the eu :suspect::hihi:

if cameron knew about what was said in your link no wonder he gave us a referendum on in or out talk about being shafted(again) by the eu :suspect::hihi:

The document was drafted in case of Brexit, as an initial response to an altered reality. Believe it or not, there are people in Europe who not only understand how the EU works, but who actually engage with it because they recognise it is an important part of their lives.

I know, shocking right.

I am still waiting to hear from you, or other Leave voters, what your idea is about the consequences for Britain so far, indulge me.

BBC and Sky News failing to mention that we lost AAA with other agencies years ago and that the US also lost AAA some time ago.

We have been downgraded to the same level as France and Belgium yet still above Japan and Ireland. It must be the end of the world as we know it.

It seems that for an alarming amount of people the next best thing to root for, after staying in the EU, is the total collapse of the British economy.