The consequence thread (Brexit)

I am waiting for the news that the £350m paid into the EU daily is going to be used for the NHS .........good job I'm a very patient person :rolleyes:

There's a queue miles long forming for that cash mate,the whole of Wales are waiting for theirs now they voted to come out.:D

The young voted strongly to remain, the elderly, who will be insulated from the effects and clocking off soon anyway voted strongly to leave.

This old one voted to remain. The result won't affect me much. I was thinking of my daughter when I voted.

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 11:27 ----------

Positive news from Mark Carney, governor at the Bank of England who stated that are checks and balances in place backed up with the money to provide stability.

They expected what has happened to happen and can still provide liquidity in order to service business loans.

I

He has to say that. He can hardly say that we are screwed financially. If he did, the £ would drop even further.

Once we leave the EU , we can stop the benefit to those EE people.we will be billions better off weekly. Those people with no handout will leave and we will have less strain on our hospital and school.

Have you included all the tax revenue we won't be getting from the companies who will no longer be here in your detailed calculations?

That's already happening.

I came into the office today. The work we are in, most of our business is with the EU. For that to happen, we must be within the EU otherwise clients are just not interested - they need us to be within the EU area for legal and regulatory reasons.

My people were very nice. They knew what was happening. They were all quite reasonable about it. No one had any bad words to say and no recriminations as I made 37 people redundant as they cannot move to the new offices in Germany.

That's the stark reality. All you people who voted to leave - you've chosen a narrow path, a mean ill defined path delineated solely by your bigotry, racism and xenophobia. You've made your bed of nails, I hope it's comfortable for you but I fear it won't be.

Me I'm lucky. I can move. I will move. But many wont, or be unable to. Already the UK has lost a quarter of it's value. It'll only get worse. What will you do when it runs out and it's nice being stuck off the shores of a cold unloving continent? Come running asking for help?

Don't expect any. I doubt Europe will be in the mood.

To be fair, not everyone who voted leave are bigots or racists. There are other concerns relating to the EU debate apart from immigration.

Have you included all the tax revenue we won't be getting from the companies who will no longer be here in your detailed calculations?

Do you think BMW will stop selling its motors in the UK ?

Do you think Mercedes will stop selling its motors in the UK ?

No , of course they wont.

You have been listening to far too many of Camerons scare tactics.

The UK survived perfectly well before we were in the EU ,and we will be fine now.