The consequence thread (Brexit)

It's going to get worse before it gets better, there's a lot to sort out. Everybody's in shock and panic at the moment, and running round like headless chickens. The elite are having a major stropp or a sulk 'cause they didn't get their own way. The people have spoken and they really don't like it.

But I have a good feeling about this in the long term.

That's my impression as I see events unfold.

Do you think BMW will stop selling its motors in the UK ?

Do you think Mercedes will stop selling its motors in the UK ?

No , of course they wont.

You have been listening to far too many of Camerons scare tactics.

The UK survived perfectly well before we were in the EU ,and we will be fine now.

They won't choose to stop selling them here, it will just be a case of those cars becoming 5% or more expensive due to the weak pound. We will see Penistone, but stating the UK survived perfectly well before we were in the EU is a classic example of backwards thinking: 'It were much better in't 50s, we could all work in't mine and be happy.' We don't live in the 50s anymore.

Once we leave the EU , we can stop the benefit to those EE people.we will be billions better off weekly. Those people with no handout will leave and we will have less strain on our hospital and school.

Nobody has told you about the EEA then? Oh dear.

The young voted strongly to remain, the elderly, who will be insulated from the effects and clocking off soon anyway voted strongly to leave.

One could turn that around to 1975. The elderly now, were the young back then. The elderly now either didn't have a say in joining the EU, or regret it and want to reverse that decision.

My daughter voted Remain because that was what social media was telling her (yes really). I voted Leave because I thought that a fully democratic accountable Government was the best hope for my daughter's future.

Little Jimmy Krankie is on BBC news now saying she see Scotland as part of the EU .

Bye , Bye then , the UK exit door is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>> :wave::wave::wave:

It was interesting to see so many companies threatening to leave Scotland when there was a possibility of independence.

I wonder how many will now threaten to leave England for Scotland if this pans out!

If we dont pay them housing benefit/tax credit etc. the professional on high pay will stay. the dumb ones with crap jobs will leave. The dumb ones here might be able to get a job then

So, nobody has told you about the EEA then?

You really think europe will stop buying our goods and services?

It takes away a great advantage we had over the rest of the world who are trying to sell into Europe... what will persuade manufacturers to set up here now?

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 11:45 ----------

Do you think BMW will stop selling its motors in the UK ?

Do you think Mercedes will stop selling its motors in the UK ?

No , of course they wont.

You have been listening to far too many of Camerons scare tactics.

The UK survived perfectly well before we were in the EU ,and we will be fine now.

You reckon business as usual then? I think you're wrong..

Edited by truman