The consequence thread (Brexit)

To be fair, not everyone who voted leave are bigots or racists. There are other concerns relating to the EU debate apart from immigration.

Of course not... I mean this is a perfectly reasoned response....

Little Jimmy Krankie is on BBC news now saying she see Scotland as part of the EU .

Bye , Bye then , the UK exit door is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's the attitude I mean. That's the reason why this morning I feel disgusted and ashamed to be British.

If we dont pay them housing benefit/tax credit etc. the professional on high pay will stay. the dumb ones with crap jobs will leave. The dumb ones here might be able to get a job then

Funny, the Dutch, who are in the EU, don't pay benefits to EU migrants full stop, not until they have been in work for a minimum of five years. This could have been sorted by the UK government, no need to leave the EU for that. But Cameron didn't want to sell that message as part of the Remain campaign so people like you felt it was necessary to vote Leave.

Funny, the Dutch, who are in the EU, don't pay benefits to EU migrants full stop, not until they have been in work for a minimum of five years. This could have been sorted by the UK government, no need to leave the EU for that. But Cameron didn't want to sell that message as part of the Remain campaign so people like you felt it was necessary to vote Leave.

What are the rules for benefit entitlements for Dutch citizens?

So you want your kids to be a slave to a foreign country and being use as robots to ASSEMBLE cars. As most parts are not made here.

You think it is ok for our kid to make money for foreign company that dont paid much tax here?

How is leaving the EU going to change that?

So you want your kids to be a slave to a foreign country and being use as robots to ASSEMBLE cars. As most parts are not made here.

You think it is ok for our kid to make money for foreign company that dont paid much tax here?

I've looked through my posts several times and can't see where I said that..maybe you could point it out....?

What are the rules for benefit entitlements for Dutch citizens?

In the Netherlands? We have a two tier benefit system. Either you are not in work, in which case you get a minimum stipend called bijstand. If you are unable to work due to a disability this stipend gets supplemented with a personal allowance depending on the degree of disability. This system is closed for EEA citizens unless they have worked in the NL for five years.

There is a degree of child-benefit and housing benefit (in work benefits) that all citizens (With a residence permit!) are eligible for, if they do not earn more than a certain amount of money annually. This eligibility is tiered, so the more you make, the less you receive. EEA nationals are only eligible for all of this if they are in work and have a residence permit.

If you have worked but lose your job you become eligible for the equivalent of Job Seekers Allowance. That covers at least 70% and in some cases more of your previous income for a set period of time, the stipend decreases in steps so as to encourage people to get back into work. EEA citizens are eligible for this if they have contributed to the system in the Netherlands or another EEA state before but only if they still live in the Netherlands. A recent amendment was made so that a portion of this can be received whilst moving back to the country of origin to find work there.

In other words, you only become eligible for benefits in the Netherlands if you contributed enough to the system.

*EDIT - sorry, didn't phrase something right*

Edited by tzijlstra