The consequence thread (Brexit)

Just seen Nigel Farage on the news winding up the dictators in Brussels today .

He said " when i said i wanted Britain to leave the EU you all laughed at me . Well , you arnt laughing now "

Brilliant :hihi::hihi:

He also said none had had proper jobs! A complete lie, what a surprise. The man is an embarrassment.

Link: http://news.sky.com/story/1718832/brexit-jobs-threat-at-credit-card-giant-visa

Reads like it depends on the definition of Europe in the takeover deal. The UK is part of Europe even if it's not in the EU in the future.

EU data protection laws allow data to be hosted outside of the EU providing it matches the same requirements as within the EU, as does sending data outside of the EU from within. No legal reason for Visa to transfer anything outside of the UK in this scenario, so it sounds like a political reason within Visa itself.

My work is related to datacentres. Yes you are correct that right now while we are still in the EU there is no immediate impetus to move. But a lot of companies that do business in Europe are looking at where to host datacentres in the next few years. Moving to an EU jurisdiction is an option but for now it looks quite a few companies are going to put UK-based datacentre builds on hold. Ireland is looking like a great alternative to the UK.

I think they said something similar when we didn't join the Euro. But since the recession we've enjoyed pretty much double the growth of the Eurozone as well.

Mothercare are doing a roaring trade post Brexit, replacing all the dummies being spat out by remainers. :hihi:

My work is related to datacentres. Yes you are correct that right now while we are still in the EU there is no immediate impetus to move. But a lot of companies that do business in Europe are looking at where to host datacentres in the next few years. Moving to an EU jurisdiction is an option but for now it looks quite a few companies are going to put UK-based datacentre builds on hold. Ireland is looking like a great alternative to the UK.

The company I work for hosts all it's customer data in the cloud, in the U.S.; it's customer sensitive data rather than personally sensitive, but we've not had any requests from the few UK and EU customers we have for it to be hosted inside the EU. Obviously different for banking data though, as you'd be looking at an on site solution.

I like Farage, that's not to say I agree with what he says.

But I prefer his gutso, up to now he seems to come back with answers without having to repeat the same sentence several times.

I actually completely distrust this whole modern softly softly aproach favoured by many politicians. I much prefer the..."If you've got something to say, then out with it and let's discuss" approach.

Then we all know where we stand regardless if we agree or disagree.

But this is not about forming a government, it's the British people telling the incumbent government what to do.

It is now up to this DEMOCRATICALLY elected government to get on with the wishes of the majority.

so you would be ok with the government agreeing a norway style deal, with all the free movement which that entails?

Mothercare are doing a roaring trade post Brexit, replacing all the dummies being spat out by remainers. :hihi:

This is a rather interesting snap shot taken from Trading Economics daily market reports. The 12 month snap shot of course covers the aftermath of the Brexit Referendum.

Italy Stock Market (FTSE MIB)

Italy FTSE MIB Index increased 477 points or 3.16% to 15581 on Tuesday June 28 from 15104 in the previous trading session. Italy FTSE MIB Index lost 6989 points or 30.97 percent during the last 12 months from 22,569.90 points in June of 2015

Spain Stock Market (IBEX 35

Spain IBEX 35 Index increased 161 points or 2.10% to 7828 on Tuesday June 28 from 7667 in the previous trading session. Spain IBEX 35 Index lost 3026 points or 27.88 percent during the last 12 months from 10,853.90 points in June of 2015.

France CAC 40 Stock Market

France CAC 40 Index increased 107.8 points or 2.71% to 4088.80 on Tuesday June 28 from 3981 in the previous trading session. France CAC 40 Index lost 781 points or 16.04 percent during the last 12 months from 4,869.82 points in June of 2015

Germany DAX 30 Stock Market

Germany DAX 30 Index increased 180 points or 1.94% to 9447 on Tuesday June 28 from 9267 in the previous trading session. Germany DAX 30 Index lost 1673 points or 15.04 percent during the last 12 months from 11,120 points in June of 2015

UK FTSE 100 Stock Market

UK FTSE 100 Index increased 161.4 points or 2.70% to 6140.40 on Tuesday June 28 from 5979 in the previous trading session. UK FTSE 100 Index lost 480.1 points or 7.25 percent during the last 12 months from 6,620.48 points in June of 2015.

Belgium Stock Market (BEL20

Belgium BEL20 Index increased 79.6 points or 2.53% to 3220 on Tuesday June 28 from 3140.40 in the previous trading session. Belgium BEL20 Index lost 401.1 points or 11.08 percent during the last 12 months from 3,621.09 points in June of 2015

Portugal Stock Market (PSI20

Portugal PSI20 Index increased 95.1 points or 2.23% to 4358 on Tuesday June 28 from 4262.90 in the previous trading session. Portugal PSI20 Index lost 1173 points or 21.20 percent during the last 12 months from 5,530.50 points in June of 2015

Austria Stock Market (ATX

Austria WBI Index increased 45.6 points or 2.29% to 2034 on Tuesday June 28 from 1988.40 in the previous trading session. Austria WBI Index lost 393.2 points or 16.20 percent during the last 12 months from 2,427.20 points in June of 2015

Loved the EU guy who told farage if you hate us why are you still here? Dumb farage and ukip tools happy to get the eu gravy train and all that money but still criticising the EU.

Can't wait for the day when these neandarthals are booted out. Then they are going to blame someone else for their troubles

That was the plan from the start all those years ago. Make life as uncomfortable as possible for the dictators in brussels every time the parliament was in session, and by god, he`s done that alright. It was never about the money for Nigel , it was about causing as much disruption as possible whilst he built support for a leave vote.

---------- Post added 28-06-2016 at 20:42 ----------

Visas taking hundreds of jobs out of Britain,not good news.

Dosnt bother me, i dont have a credit card with them.

snip for brevity

FTSE250 lost 2500 points or 15%, 12 % in the last three trading days alone.

Why the FTSE 250 Tim? Because that is the index that says most about trust in the national UK economy. I didn't think it was the sort of thing one would have to explain to a market trader, but just in case.

FTSE250 lost 2500 points or 15%, 12 % in the last three trading days alone.

Why the FTSE 250 Tim? Because that is the index that says most about trust in the national UK economy. I didn't think it was the sort of thing one would have to explain to a market trader, but just in case.

You do know of course that the FTSE 250 was trading at 6248 in 2009 and 7 years later post Brexit referendum this evening it is trading at 15503. That's a gain of 145% in 7 years including the Brexit Referendum.

I'm happy to settle for a 20% p/a gain.

Why the FTSE 250 Tim? Because that is the index that says most about trust in the national UK economy. I didn't think it was the sort of thing one would have to explain to a market trader, but just in case.:thumbsup:

Edited by foxy lady