The consequence thread (Brexit)

The trick in political negotiations is for both sides to be able to take an apparent win home to their own people. Free movement is going to be the sticking point. If our guys can come home with something that can reasonably be described as UK "control" of immigration and their's can go home with something that can reasonably be described as the preservation of the principle of free movement of workers then it'll all work out fine.

Yes but it's a cornerstone of EU politics, they absolutely won't allow us to get away without accepting free movement, even our own politicians know that because they've been laying the groundwork for it since the vote came in.

Immegration was a massive issue in this referendum, and I believe voters have been sold a lie on the subject.

If there is any meaningful change I'll eat my hat.

(I'll have to buy a hat, then eat that)

This was always on the cards. Anyone thinking the pound was going to steadily rise in a week or so, were a little naive.

Interesting though that the FTSE is romping away through 6500. Way ahead of where is was post Brexit vote, whereas the German and French markets aren't.

Interesting though that the FTSE is romping away through 6500. Way ahead of where is was post Brexit vote, whereas the German and French markets aren't.

Many of the FTSE 100 companies have large overseas exposure (e.g. RR) and anything that makes the £ cheaper overseas has a positive impact on their share price.

Oh No, So No BoJo, Oh

Either you are ignorant or purposely obtuse here. Both CAC and DAX have outperformed the FTSE 250, the one that, as I explained before, is the index that most signifies how investors feel about the UK economy. Not to mention the fact that the GBP has lost even more against the Euro today.

If you are going to keep harping on about the FTSE 100 I am going to demand to see your portfolio, because the more you do, the more I am convinced you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Anyway, enjoying a nice Chilean Chardonnay today, a Netto one, but very good for the price.

Either you are ignorant or purposely obtuse here. Both CAC and DAX have outperformed the FTSE 250, the one that, as I explained before, is the index that most signifies how investors feel about the UK economy. Not to mention the fact that the GBP has lost even more against the Euro today.

If you are going to keep harping on about the FTSE 100 I am going to demand to see your portfolio, because the more you do, the more I am convinced you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Anyway, enjoying a nice Chilean Chardonnay today, a Netto one, but very good for the price.

:hihi: Love it!