The consequence thread (Brexit)

The country. If you did not want the vote to be respected when you voted, did you still vote?

I'm not moaning to anyone, Radan. I'm just giving my opinion, as you are.

Have I stated categorically I want the referendum to be ignored?

I'm saying it can be. Quite legally.

Whether I agree with the outcome of the referendum or not does not even slightly change to fundamental truth that the government, if it wishes, can ignore the referendum.

Edited by Radan

Austerity to continue into the 2020s.

But hey, at least we've got our sovereignty back. :rolleyes:

Let's face it austerity has been and will be the 'mantra' for this Chancellor while ever he continues to fail to meet his own targets, so basically, as long as he remains Chancellor probably.

Don't worry though, he says there's plenty put aside to help the banks out, just not enough to feed the poor.

Let's face it austerity has been and will be the 'mantra' for this Chancellor while ever he continues to fail to meet his own targets, so basically, as long as he remains Chancellor probably.

So a week or so then.

Given that Britain's economy had the EU built so integrally into it, of course there will be some pain as we extract ourselves from it, but once we reboot and restructure our economy it will be onwards and upwards.

Given that Britain's economy had the EU built so integrally into it, of course there will be some pain as we extract ourselves from it, but once we reboot and restructure our economy it will be onwards and upwards.

With some very right of centre Tories in charge. Don't expect the NHS to getting any of that £350m. Don't expect an NHS.

If gove gets the leadership do you expect his chancellor to cut harder or not? I think he'll make Osborn look like a hippy.

There's a lot of money to be saved in the public sector not related to providing public services. Every new Conservative PM comes in intending to fix that but they rarely manage it. Maybe Gove can do better.

Pain? Gove said there would be a few bumps. Never said anything about pain.