The consequence thread (Brexit)

Quality of life? I heard how the South Koreans educate their children. It didn't sound that much better than sending ours up chimneys 150 years ago.

Okay. South Korea also has a good education system.

Who's going to pay for this quality of life if we don't educate our kids to a high academic standard?

I'm not suggesting that North Korea and the EU are similar. I'm pointing out that democracy and stability of policy are not compatible. You automatically sacrifice one to gain the other. We gave up some democracy for policy stability being members of the EU. I didn't like it. So I voted to leave.

---------- Post added 02-07-2016 at 22:21 ----------

s.

Fair dos.

Iraq has democracy now, and free movement of certain types of labour ;). I'd wonder how many would go back to life under saddams jack boot and have food and running water. We could ask them, although the survey is likely to be smaller after two democracies bombed them into oblivion (despite an awful lot, perhaps a majority, of said democracies not wanting their governments to do this).

Okay. South Korea also has a good education system.

Who's going to pay for this quality of life if we don't educate our kids to a high academic standard?

I don't know. You vote for someone with one idea and I'll vote for someone else with another idea. Then we'll swap after 5 years.

---------- Post added 02-07-2016 at 22:41 ----------

I wouldn't trust her to fix my wheel barrow, so the chances of her being in a position to trigger article 50 is pretty slim.

You don't have a say do you?

Fair dos.

Iraq has democracy now, and free movement of certain types of labour ;). I'd wonder how many would go back to life under saddams jack boot and have food and running water. We could ask them, although the survey is likely to be smaller after two democracies bombed them into oblivion (despite an awful lot, perhaps a majority, of said democracies not wanting their governments to do this).

Looking forward to the Chilcot thread mate?

I don't know. You vote for someone with one idea and I'll vote for someone else with another idea. Then we'll swap after 5 years.

I would hope that if my guys go in first and make things better, you might change your mind.

I would hope that if my guys go in first and make things better, you might change your mind.

Not if I'm ideologically driven. Or have shares in academies. My vote counts the same as yours. I might do it out of spite or a failure to acknowledge the facts (poor education you see).

A test was set up. 5 Chinese teachers in a British school, pitted against 5 British teachers, each team using their own methods for a term with similarly rated students, and variables as low as possible.

Tested at the end of the project, the British taught students were way ahead.

Only a Tv programme, (anyone see it?) but interesting, and not with the results some might expect.