The consequence thread (Brexit)

Not surprising at all.

Because the British students aren't learning primarily by rote and memorising in preperation for written tests with narrow parameters.

British kids don't have their problem solving skills and creativity coached out of them.

Everything that Gove was doing was about rerversing that situation and now a new generation of kids is about to be on the receiving end of his experiment.

I agree. We need creative people. Britain is renowned for invention and innovation.

We do well here though. Thank you USA!

http://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/education-full-list

So...is he a good Justice Secretary at least??????

However, as a matter of fact Scottish system has a slight edge over the England when it comes to comparative competitiveness.

The Scottish system does not have Academies and Free schools that Gove likes so much ;)

---------- Post added 03-07-2016 at 01:50 ----------

PISA

The United Kingdom had a greater gap between high- and low-scoring students than the average.

I have read similar things before. The UK has free schools and Academies that do not target area that really need more schools, there is no regulation/organisation of where schools are needed.

Perhaps you will say that I have been reading too many left wing publications?

They lost a vote and they're spitting their dummies out?

They want to remember the old people they're so contemptuous of were fighting and getting blown to bits in war at their age, for this country and freedom, against the very Germans that they now want to join.

Well good luck to them. Frankly, if that's all such sacrifice means to them, then good riddance. Don't come back.

I think any that take up the offer should be stripped of their British nationality...

They want to remember the old people they're so contemptuous of were fighting and getting blown to bits in war at their age, for this country and freedom, against the very Germans that they now want to join.

Well good luck to them. Frankly, if that's all such sacrifice means to them, then good riddance. Don't come back.

They lost more than a vote. They've just seen their entire economic future turn on its axis. Have some respect from them.

Anyway, less than 5% of the population are old enough to have seen active service in WW2.

The 'older' generation we are really talking about is the boomers.

---------- Post added 03-07-2016 at 02:09 ----------

I think any that take up the offer should be stripped of their British nationality...

You make them sound like traitors.

The biggest traitors some would argue are Johnson and Gove.

Whinging young remainers leaving the country? music to my ears.

I can hear violins playing in the background while I'm reading this thread. :roll:

typical envy from the spiteful working-class Tories that inhabit this Forum.

Just because they failed in life, they hate to see anybody else succeed.

What a bunch of sad, pathetic losers

---------- Post added 03-07-2016 at 02:54 ----------

remind me Anna B, weren't you on here some weeks ago saying that your younger relatives had emigrated to Oz / NZ / Canada to pursue careers overseas?

And you were full of praise and admiration for them ?

But when it's somebody else's children who does that, you're full of spite and contempt!

Wow Anna, looks like you're another one of these working class Tories that have crawled out of the woodwork thanks to Brexit.

Well, enjoy old age on your own. I'm sure when you've been carted off to some OAP home in the next few years and are being cared for by an Eastern European immigrant on minimum wage that you'll look back on your decision to ruin the futures of the country's youngsters with no regrets at all.

And knowing you, you'll still blame the Tories :thumbsup:

I think that's why I love you so much :love:

Edited by The Joker

Errrr no. If you stopped brown-nosing Corbyn for five seconds and read the article you'd see a German has suggested offering citizenship to young British people. That's all. So put your war stories away.

---------- Post added 03-07-2016 at 03:37 ----------

Or sent to Gitmo. :hihi:

(I don't think I1L2T3 gets it....)

Edited by Radan

For anyone interested in hearing one young lady's take on the selfish old people who have taken her future and have no right, please watch last Friday 24 June’s Newsnight on BBCIPlayer. It's almost at the end of the programme. A young lady called Paris Lees.

The “highlights” are here:

Paris Lees, writer and equality campaigner: “I think we should have another referendum”

At this point, David Starkey interjects, with “bad loser”

Paris Lees: “‘I’d rather be a bad loser, I’ve got more important things to worry about’” “I think it’s incredibly selfish and I personally will not forgive or forget”

Times journalist interrupts: “Why selfish?”

Paris Lees: “the older generation don’t have to live here as long as the younger generation do”

Starkey: “are you going to introduce a cut-off point beyond which you can’t vote? Your sense of sublime self-entitlement…. Are we going to have those under 35 with two votes?.....”

Paris Lees: “For young people, Europe’s just somewhere we go on holiday and go clubbing. We don’t have this xenophobia.”

No worse than spoilt brats saying their grandparents haven't long to live, so should have voted to remain in the EU.

Ideally the selfish older voters will live long enough to effect the inter-generational transfers of wealth that could be needed to shore up the economic futures of the young.

Because all of a sudden the redistributive effects of the EU will be gone.

Are you willing to put your hand in your pocket?

Ideally the selfish older voters will live long enough to effect the inter-generational transfers of wealth that could be needed to shore up the economic futures of the young.

Because all of a sudden the redistributive effects of the EU will be gone.

Are you willing to put your hand in your pocket?

We don't know whether the Country will be richer or poorer as a consequence of leaving the EU. The decision has been made for richer or poorer, so we will have no choice but to put our hands in our pockets if required.

Regaining lost sovereignty is more important than pounds shillings and pence.