The consequence thread (Brexit)

Sounds from Northern Ireland and Ireland are pretty similar. As I stated, we are heading into a period of enormous uncertainty, no decision on who is the Prime Minister, contradicting sounds from the victors of the referendum... This ain't over til it's over.

You are a glass half empty type of person, aren't you smiler?

In a way I agree with what you're saying here, but we have been in a long process of incrementally giving it away, but thank god we've got out before its too late. We must have lost something to, as you say, take it back.

I never said we'd taken it back. Please correct your mistake.

Originally Posted by Beauchiefs View Post

Hardly Armageddon that was threatened by remain campaign

Biggest crash since 1987...

Perhaps the small number 4.7 is misleading you into thinking this isn't significant.

Pound to Euro is higher now than May this year

Footsie is 540 points up on its lowest over last 12 months

Pound to dollar is around equivalent to its 12 month low.

Hardly the disaster forecast

It's far far too early to be sure of anything yet.

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 14:27 ----------

That was Donald Trump :loopy:

A fantastic Quote from Donald Trump.

" The people of Britain have taken back control of their country "

spot on Donald.

England and Wales have , Scotland and some in Northern Ireland want to jump ship now ,a case of not complying with a democratic vote to leave ,so let em.

You are a glass half empty type of person, aren't you smiler?

There is no certainty, but chances are that out house is now going to reduce in value, affecting our assets directly, our pensions, both here and in the Netherlands are affected directly, having already been battered by the financial crisis, the Universities I work for on contracts are affected, and depending on the way the migration laws change in the UK I might have to choose between a UK or Dutch passport.

I have EU-friends who work for banks and big accountants in the UK who are uncertain whether their careers will continue, and if they do, where that will be.

So I see no reason to smile today.

OK it seems I slightly misunderstood what you were saying. My first sentence stands though.

There is no certainty, but chances are that out house is now going to reduce in value, affecting our assets directly, our pensions, both here and in the Netherlands are affected directly, having already been battered by the financial crisis, the Universities I work for on contracts are affected, and depending on the way the migration laws change in the UK I might have to choose between a UK or Dutch passport.

I have EU-friends who work for banks and big accountants in the UK who are uncertain whether their careers will continue, and if they do, where that will be.

So I see no reason to smile today.

When you sell your out house you could buy some other out house which has also reduced in value.

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 14:46 ----------

England and Wales have , Scotland and some in Northern Ireland want to jump ship now ,a case of not complying with a democratic vote to leave ,so let em.

How do you know they want to jump ship? Because Nicola Sturgeon told you?

"Voters hoping for less immigration might be disappointed."

Said EU sceptic and prominent Leave campaigner, Daniel Hannan, shortly after the result was announced.

Borrowing from the text-speak vernacular, I believe the correct response here is 'LOLZ'.

Edited by CockneyMafia