The consequence thread (Brexit)

What left wing credentials? Seriously, can you point me towards any post where I proclaim to be 'left'? By the way, the Financial Times is probably one of the most capitalist/neo-liberal newspapers in the world (outside of America) and they are reeling about Brexit, are you going to call them left? This isn't about left and right, this is about people who understand economics and people who don't.

The next complaint on here will be "Greedy petrol companies..look how much the price has gone up..." There's none so blind etc.etc

The next complaint on here will be "Greedy petrol companies..look how much the price has gone up..." There's none so blind etc.etc

Closely followed by British Gas want to increase my utility prices. The greedy swines. The leavers will not accept any responsibility for their actions, just like we are seeing now.

The majority of remainers generally strike me as being a largely left wing or left of centre types, yet their arguments are based mainly around the consequences for big business, big banks, stock market traders etc. Very curious the collective left should particularly care about them.

Have their left wing progressive credentials been exposed as a sham?

You forgot the pound value,or don't you think Lefties go on holiday abroad.?:D

Also,haven't UKIP hoovered up loads of lefties?.........are they remainers?

Edited by chalga

The majority of remainers generally strike me as being a largely left wing or left of centre types

Based on what logic? I can't see how you could possibly make that claim.

yet their arguments are based mainly around the consequences for big business, big banks, stock market traders etc. Very curious the collective left should particularly care about them.

Can't you extrapolate what the effect on those businesses will mean for the average person in the street and the nation as a whole?

If a tawdry daily drip drip of negligible negative financial news is going to keep this thread at the top of the board then I think I'm going to give this forum a miss for a bit. I'm on here to much anyway, I've just noticed my bloody postcount! and I regret using my real name as well.

When all said and done this referendum was long overdue and very welcome, finally giving all the normal working people, the trades, long distance lorry drivers, factory workers etc, a chance to say to all you middle class I'm alright jack types, enough is enough. And Amen to that.

Edited by Guest

If a tawdry daily drip drip of negligible negative financial news is going to keep this thread at the top of the board then I think I'm going to give this forum a miss for a bit. I'm on here to much anyway, I've just noticed my bloody postcount! and I regret using my real name as well.

When all said and done this referendum was long overdue and very welcome, finally giving all the normal working people, the trades, long distance lorry drivers, factory workers etc, a chance to say to all you middle class I'm alright jack types, enough is enough. And Amen to that.

Yeah, but those you salute are the ones who will be alright, not those 'normal working people'.

Take care Alan.

It's a shame you think like that..it's a bit of a pyrrhic victory for you really... and I can't see how you can call the pound losing so much in value as "negligible".

Edited by truman

It's a shame you think like that..it's a bit of a pyrrhic victory for you really... and I can't see how you can call the pound losing so much in value as "negligible".

Well at least we know that Cameron and Osbourne are solid Labour supporters now.

:D

If you think the sudden massive fall in the pound is negligible then perhaps you might want to take a cold hard dose of reality. Work out what that is costing you.

As for giving the forum a miss - doors that way. Dont let it hit you on the way out.

Lol, I am one of the "normal working people" :loopy: