The consequence thread (Brexit)

This, not a lot else to add. Without the immigration argument the leave campaign would have failed. Pretending anything else is, frankly, ignorant.

I think you're quite wrong.

With austerity, lack of secure employment, financial worries etc an awful lot of people's lives are really rotten at the moment. In which case you don't vote for more of the same, you vote for change.

That's why a lot of people voted Leave.

With austerity, lack of secure employment, financial worries etc an awful lot of people's lives are really rotten at the moment. In which case you don't vote for more of the same, you vote for change.

And, what is leaving the EU going to change? It is going to make austerity worse, secure employment less feasible and financial worries will be compounded. You are a Corbyn supporter, that is exactly what he told people would happen, as well as a reduction in workers' rights.

People who voted 'because they wanted change', voted against. When you vote against you end up with something else you don't want. That is why you should vote for something, for on the premise of informed consent.

Also, Leave voters denying that a lot of people voted out because of immigration need to wake up and smell the coffee. I would say it was a 10% minimum of Leave voters that voted on that ground. Enough to swing the vote significantly.

How is leaving going to improve these things?

All of which were nothing whatsoever to do with the EU, but a result of our own governnment policy.

If so then calling them stupid really is a compliment!

If you are arguing that people voted for economic change then can you explain how the changes resulting from Brexit will improve their lives?

And you think that we're not going to have austerity after Brexit?

Edited by woahthere
Meh

But here we are talking about British politics and the UK referendum and what happens or not in the Netherlands.

Why is it stupidity, and did they vote out because of migration? The stupid bit is trying to tar them all with the "voted out on the basis of migration brush" because there is no real reason for them to do so. As you say they are least affected by migration. Once again we have people who voted stay trying to portray that the leave vote was popular because of the migration issue and while it played a part it was not the only reason. The main people who seem upset in Cornwall are the Councillors and those in charge who are now complaining, not the people.

---------- Post added 08-07-2016 at 23:02 ----------

No they are not as people who are poor have little to lose.

People who are reasonably well off (and not even celebrities) have spare disposable income and can make choices about how they spend it. In difficult times they can adjust this, and can still afford the essentials. The poorest who are already close to the edge cannot. The poorest certainly have most to lose if they now cannot afford essentials.

The main people who seem upset in Cornwall are the Councillors and those in charge who are now complaining, not the people.

Maybe that's because they know they won't be able to provide the essential services the people of Cornwall have grown accustomed to.

How long before the people of Cornwall start compaining then?

No they are not as people who are poor have little to lose.

Yet the less you have the less you're able to buffer against that loss. If you're fairly well off, at least you can still afford essentials like food, tho poor though... hmmmm