The consequence thread (Brexit)

Watch the Panorama programme with Adrian Chiles interviewing people in West Bromwich after the referendum,immigration and migrants is the number one reason that comes up again and again.

That's not a poll, that's a self-selecting point sample.

This country is f****d

A free vote and when the goverment don`t get their own way they change the rules!!

What is the point in voting?????

The rules are that we vote for members of parliament who then decide on our behalf. So, no change to the rules at all. If they decide to follow the guide given to them by the referendum vote, then fair enough. If they decide to ignore it, then also fair enough.

Them's the rules.

The rules are that we vote for members of parliament who then decide on our behalf. So, no change to the rules at all. If they decide to follow the guide given to them by the referendum vote, then fair enough. If they decide to ignore it, then also fair enough.

Them's the rules.

ok

what was the point of a referendum then??

Confused.com

ok

what was the point of a referendum then??

Confused.com

The point of the referendum manifesto pledge was to shore up support for the Tories in the last election.

The point of a referendum is to gauge the feelings of the country on a particular single issue. And then ignore it.

That's not a poll, that's a self-selecting point sample.

But it is indicative of the general feeling none-the-less. Are you telling me that nobody you know voted leave because of immigration? Because I know quite a few of them, yet most of my friends/colleagues voted remain.

I still wonder why it is that the Leave campaigners in general are downplaying the fact that a lot of Leave voters were swayed by the immigration argument. Apart from Penistone, who always speaks his mind.

i bought a car 8 years ago.

can i take it back as i`ve changed my mind?

Its tory blue in colour!!!

Western democracy in action for you, and to think we kill people abroad whilst trying to impose it on others!

But it is indicative of the general feeling none-the-less. Are you telling me that nobody you know voted leave because of immigration? Because I know quite a few of them, yet most of my friends/colleagues voted remain.

I still wonder why it is that the Leave campaigners in general are downplaying the fact that a lot of Leave voters were swayed by the immigration argument. Apart from Penistone, who always speaks his mind.

I voted 'out' mainly, because I had concerns about the combination of uncontrolled immigration, and what seems to be an ineffectual policy of integration.

Anyone who thinks such a mix could never become seriously toxic should go to specsavers.

Kj