The consequence thread (Brexit)

If you want to go down that road we had a referendum over 40 years ago and we voted to remain...should we stay with that decision?

When i voted 40 years ago , i voted to join a COMMON MARKET for trading , not a European Union with free movement of people and laws passed by suits in another country that we have to abide by.

we were dragged into something none of us voted for back in the early 70`s.

When i voted 40 years ago , i voted to join a COMMON MARKET for trading , not a European Union with free movement of people and laws passed by suits in another country that we have to abide by.

Wrong. You voted to stay in the EEC, not join it!

Did you really vote??

Weird. Free movement was a founding principle of the EEC and was in place when we joined in 1973. It wasn't introduced after you voted in 1975.

Find the info that was published before the 73 referendum....you'll see it mentions more than a common market...you obviously didn't understand it then and you don't understand it now...

Edited by truman

I started working in Europe in 1970 and when we joined in 73 my life and that of my German girlfriend became a lot easier, we both had freedom of access and the same rights in both our countries.