The consequence thread (Brexit)

If you'd been paying attention you'd know most remainers didn't think it would be successful.

Why would I need to be paying attention.

I have pointed it that it is settled not that remainers didn't thought it would be successful.

Thanks anyway.

Why would I need to be paying attention.

I have pointed it that it is settled not that remainers didn't thought it would be successful.

Thanks anyway.

Bet you didn't even know it was started by a Brexiter did you?

Do you think Mishcon de Reya will be successful? Have a guess at who's paying their bills.

At the end of the day the referendum was always advisory. There is no legal obligation for the government to act on it.

What happens next is down to parliament. Things change and a few more weeks of dire economic news will determine how politically expedient it is to trigger article 50.

There will be a few opinion polls due in the next week's and we'll get a better idea of the public mindset.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 20:24 ----------

Bet you didn't even know it was started by a Brexiter did you?

Do you think Mishcon de Reya will be successful? Have a guess at who's paying their bills.

There are other legal moves starting too.

One is around the legality of excluding 700,000 British citizens resident abroad from voting.

Wow! You really are the queen of assumptions aren't you?

That's me :)

Btw, the answer to my question is Zoopla. Not in itself interesting, but the fact they are owned by the Daily Mail is.

Probably why they are no longer demanding to know who the fat cats are. Lolz.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3673422/The-resistance-begins-Legal-bid-BLOCK-new-Prime-Minister-triggering-Brexit-unless-pro-EU-MPs-agree.html

At the end of the day the referendum was always advisory. There is no legal obligation for the government to act on it.

What happens next is down to parliament. Things change and a few more weeks of dire economic news will determine how politically expedient it is to trigger article 50.

There will be a few opinion polls due in the next week's and we'll get a better idea of the public mindset.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 20:24 ----------

There are other legal moves starting too.

One is around the legality of excluding 700,000 British citizens resident abroad from voting.

If they should have been included, should I and the thousands of other Scots here in England (or Wales, or NI) have been allowed a vote in the Scottish referendum?

When i voted 40 years ago , i voted to join a COMMON MARKET for trading , not a European Union with free movement of people and laws passed by suits in another country that we have to abide by.

we were dragged into something none of us voted for back in the early 70`s.

I voted to stay "IN" in the 70s, and am happy with tha decision.

If they should have been included, should I and the thousands of other Scots here in England (or Wales, or NI) have been allowed a vote in the Scottish referendum?

Different situation. You are not a Scottish citizen. There is no such thing so the line has to be drawn somewhere.

For the EU referendum UK citizens were deliberately excluded

Different situation. You are not a Scottish citizen. There is no such thing so the line has to be drawn somewhere.

For the EU referendum UK citizens were deliberately excluded

So despite the Brexiters' claims that the referendum was fixed in favour of remain, it was in fact the other day way around.

Yes, if you were born in Scotland and had lived for a number of years there, then I think you should have been allowed a vote. Many Scottish people live and work in England, but may wish to retire to their homeland one day.

I can understand from an administrative point of view it would have been difficult to verify genuine Scottish people living outside of Scotland.